So, my two best friends in Idaho had babies within 2 days of eachother! I feel kind of swamped helping them both out. It's so crazy to see how fast McKenzie is growing. I don't realize how big she is getting until I hold another newborn.
James was able to pick up a shift today during the day, and I love having him work in the days! I feel like I can accomplish so many more things when he's gone to work. When he's here, I just want to go do stuff with him, and my laundry piles up, and my house never gets deep cleaned! For some reason though, I feel like I need to get everything done while he's away because I kind of have this guilty conscience, like he's going to think I was lazy all day (if the house isn't spotless), while he was gone, working hard. Is anybody else like this? He's never really given me any reason to think this way, but I always do. He laughs at me when I try to tell him EVERYTHING I did while he was gone. (" Today I mopped the floor, scrubbing each tile one by one- which took even longer than normal mopping, I cleaned the bathroom, and took out all the garbages, even the one in our bedroom, etc. etc. etc!) I like to give him details so he'll see that I WAS busy all day! If I ever go somewhere, and leave James home with the kids for awhile, I always ask when I get home, what he's been doing (out of curiousity) and he always just lies and says he's been watching tv all day. I would go insane inside if I told him that. I think I like to give him all the details just to feel better about myself! He laughs at me, and tells me he really trusts me that I am busy working hard at home, while he's away. (Even if it is just feeding and playing with the kids.) Sometimes, I feel like I worry too much about accomplishing all the little things, like cleaning and shopping, that I don't give my kids enough attention. Carson gets so excited when I just sit down on the floor with him in the mornings before I shower, and play with him. I have such a hard time doing this though, because in the back of my mind are all the things I need to get done that day. (Or that I THINK I need to get done that day!) For some reason, I always just play more with him after my "chores" are done, which is nice because my house stays clean, but not so nice for him. I really need to be more relaxed and let the dishes sit sometimes, so he knows that I love him more than cleaning! My goal this week: Take more time for my kids, and less time doing chores!
1 comment:
you are definitely your mothers daughter. haha
Post a Comment