Monday, July 30, 2007

Quick- maybe not so quick- recap

Well I'm finally trying to back into the swing of things. We live in a new apartment now (Wahoo!), and we've sure had a busy week, but it's all good.

Quick--maybe not so quick- recap...

Lamb day was great. Hot...but great. The day at the lake with the Jepsons, didn't turn out as planned since it started to down poor once we got up to Jordanelle, but it was still fun. Neither James or I had been up that way for so long, and we ended up going twice in one weekend! James and I decided that we would LOVE to live in Heber, once he graduates. It's such a cute little town, and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty! We love that it's not so busy and crowded with people, (yet), but still close to places with a mall! Park City is close, which would be fun, and Salt Lake City is only 45 minutes away. (Not bad compared to 3 hours!) It was funny that James and I both had the same feeling about wanting to live there when we were there. Neither of us had really thought about it before, but we both had the same idea when we were there. We grabbed a few homeseekers magazines at a gas station, and checked out some of the houses for sale, online, once we got home. There were a ton of cute rambler houses that were nice, but not too extravagant. We'll just have to see now if he could get a job up there when he graduates.

Anyway, James and I had SO much fun in Bear Lake. I decided I should try to learn how to waterski, since I'd never tried before. I've always known I'm not very coordinated, and I'm a little scared of water. I can't even jump in without pluggin' my nose! Anyway, I tried and I tried. I gave it all I had... until finally...one time....I almost got up! I still can't believe that I never got up, but I guess it's good that I at least tried. I'm sure I was good entertainment for the youth! The sad thing is that I tried so long, my poor arms were so sore and it was the next day that we moved. I could barely lift my comb, let alone a few boxes!

Moving was okay. I got sick again on Saturday night from the stress, but iI'm feeling better now, and I love the bigger apartment! Carson was so funny when he came home. We brought him into his new bedroom and he was so confused. All his stuff was there, but Mary (my friend who use to live in this apartment) was not! When I was talking to James, I heard Carson talking, and when I looked down, he was spinning in circles saying, "Where'd Mary go? Where'd Mary go?" He's done really well with the change so far. He's been helping me all day putting up pictures and hammering, with his plastic hammer, the nails in the wall.

So, yesterday at church I had to sing AND speak! Rude huh? The Bishop asked me to sing some special song on Saturday, since Sacrament was all about the Youth Conference. So, I learned this song that I had never heard, found somebody to play it, and the Bishop had the nerve to ask me, DURING the meeting, if I would say a few words about Youth Conference, after my musical number. James had to talk too which made it a little easier for me! The Bishop told the congregation that James told him earlier that day that I always get out of talking since I usually just sing. I guess he decided that he would just make me do both! I HATE talking. I get sooooooooooooooo nervous. Plus, it really was so awkward staying up to talk right after I sang! Anyway, for the most part it went well. My poor pianist dropped all 5 pages of the music on the floor during the middle of the song though! I just kept singing, and eventually she caught up with me. James said he couldn't tell, and he thuoght that was how it was suppose to be. He doesn't know squat about music though!

Well, sorry this was so long. I hope we get our internet fixed soon. I don't make it to the library enough, and all MY pictures are on James' laptop, so I can't post any of them yet. Anyway, I'm sure we'll figure out the problem soon enough.

Take care everyone!

2 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

No way, no way! Guess what, Cam? Aaron and I want to live in Heber too!!! No JOKE! We love it there. And A is thinking of going to PA school instead of med school which means we could be done in 3-4 years. WOOHOO!! Keep an eye out for one of those sweet ramblers in your neighborhood, okay?

Anonymous said...

hey cami!
I hope that your new apartment is great.
All I can about ours is that it is going to be a big adjustment for us.
Caleb actaully told me last night he wants to go home, this isn't home and he wants grandma.
We have only been here for one week so who knows what will happen next.
Rob got to start work early which is great because our saveings is now no more with all of Chloes dr. bills that we having to pay- in fact we are off to one now. i'll talk to you later.
Suzie-Q