Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Camping again

So, we went camping again the other night. We had a blast. Our friends, the Nelsons, came with us and Carson had so much fun playing with their little girl. I don't have any pic's since my camera is still gone, but ONE MORE WEEK and I'll have it back. We are going to Yellowstone with James' family next week, and I'm so excited. I've never been, and I'm positive the kids will love it. Then, a few weeks after that, I'm going to girl's camp as an assistant level leader. That should be pretty fun as well. THEN...after that, my brother comes home from his mission, and we'll be home for his "homecoming" (which also happens to be the same weekend as my 5 year highschool reunion, and my anniversary!) So, it looks like we have a busy summer ahead of us. It's so nice to do things though. We try to spend all the time we can as a family, when James is around in the Summer!
So, Carson has been at it again. What you may ask? He says the funniest things....all the time! The other morning for example, I was watching "EverAfter" while I was getting dressed. Carson was in and out of the room, and caught a few seconds of the show here and there. Later that day, I gave him some water and this was our conversation:

Me: Here's your water Cars- Don't spill it! (he spills it constantly!)
Carson: Okay, YOUR HIGHNESS! (giggle, giggle)

I was impressed that he used it in context! I laughed and told him he could call me that whenever he wanted!

The next funny conversation we had was while driving to the store.

Cars: Mom, what is in my tummy?
Me: Food? (more a question than an answer!)
Cars: No, menember? It's something that makes me happy!
Me: Oh! The spirit? The Holy Ghost?
Cars: Yeah!
Me: It's not in your tummy honey. I told you that you could feel it in your heart. That's how it makes you feel happy. It's in your heart.
Cars: (After a few seconds of pondering my answer...) Did Heavenly Father and Jesus cut open my tummy and put it in there?


He's too smart. He thinks about things way too much, and picks up more than I realize. He's pretty cute though! Oh yeah, the whole time we were camping he kept picking me "Boo-tiful Bandaid lions" (dandylions was what he meant, even though it was just wild flowers.)

9 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

He is too funny! I love the things they say. Glad you are having fun this summer.

Anonymous said...

Man he is too cute. You are such a good mom. I can't wait for you to get your camera back.

Anonymous said...

he is a smarty!!
I'm so jealous about the camping thing I hope that we get to go soon.
Caleb really just want to sleep outside but we don't really have a yard to do that right now.

Shareen said...

Sounds like you are having a great time this summer. I can't wait to see you guy again. Carson is so darn cute. You are an awesome mom!
Have fun at girls camp :)

Tori Price said...

You are so lucky! I want to go camping so bad but we have no time it seems like! And Carso is still hilarious, we're going to have to see you sometime when you make it down here and aren't so busy!

Emily said...

No problem!! I got your e-mail right before I went to the hair store. When would you like to come over? Would Monday work? Let me know. Sorry I didn't call you. I can't remember where I wrote down your number!

Lindsay said...

Hey Cam, are you going to the 5 year reunion? How do we RSVP or whatever? Adam has to work, which really is a bummer because I really want to go. Maybe if I'm desperate enough I will tag along with you by myself. I just think it would be fun!

Lindsay said...

You're awesome. Adam said he could maybe get work off but didn't seem like he wanted to - I'm like you though, I am kinda excited to go! I know nothing about it except for the location, but I would love to go with you guys if Adam can't get work off! Let me know if that works! (If I tell Adam you are going too, it might change his mind a little and he might try harder to get work off - who knows.)

Mary Clark said...

I'm so jealous. I love to go camping and roughing it in the wilderness. We should get our schedules together and pick some days to go. We miss living by Scout mountain, it was a great place to go. And as for carson, what a sweetie and dandylions are a great choice, especailly if they are picked by kids. Have fun at girls camp, they will love you.