Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Very random tid-bits and few thoughts on my mind

Here's a few random tid-bits of each of us first....

Madison is now 18 months and LOVES shoes. More like is OBSESSED with shoes! She will try on anybody's and everybody's shoes, and refuses to take them off. Last night she wore McKenzie's snow boots around with her night-gown for about 2 hours straight. She didn't want to take them off for bed and although I almost gave in, the mean mother finally won the battle and convinced her to take them off. First thing this morning, she had put them back on. And yes...she wore those ugly snow boots all day long.

McKenzie is 3 1/2 and is now usually referred to as "Holly" or "Gina". She insists on being a puppy for 3/4 of the day. This cracks me up since she is petrified of any real dogs! Not sure where she got the names from? We had to explain to her that even if she's pretending to be a dog, at the end of our prayers she needs to say A-men instead of Ruff-Ruff.

Carson is 5 and kind of a know-it-all! He is continually sharing his wisdom with all of us....Like this morning, for instance, he came into my room and said,
"Mom, McKenzie is scared to eat her breakfast downstairs alone. So I told her that nobody could get into our house because it's locked......unless there were a lot of people and they cut down a tree and broke down the door with it! "
Thanks Carson. I'm sure that helped resolve her concerns.

I have been practicing singing Christmas songs everyday, just because I miss it. I do get to sing "Oh Holy Night" next week (which is my favorite!) for a relief society enrichment activity, but I would LOVE to sing some fun Christmas songs somewhere too. Maybe next year. That's what happens when you move somewhere new, I guess.

James is just working, listening to BYU games and following Jazz scores online. And...in his spare time, he watches 24 with me. He keeps saying he doesn't like it because it's so addicting, but he's always the one saying......"just turn on one more".

My thoughts this week...

I've thought a lot this week about how I HATE feeling helpless. I don't like when stuff happens and there is nothing I can do about any of it. Because either I'm too far away, or there really isn't anything anyone can do.

My Dad just had his back surgery yesterday and they said it couldn't have gone better, which is great. But, it was hard being so far away. I wanted to go visit him, or be there when the family fasted. I'm glad everything went well, I just wish I was closer to help. We're all hoping for a quick recovery though and hopefully, he'll be back to his old self again soon. He's had it really rough for quite awhile now.

Also, the other thing this week that made me feel helpless happened to my sweet neighbor here in NM. We became friends very quickly after we moved, and mine and her kids are CONSTANTLY playing together. Anyway, she was about 8 months along and she went to the doctor and couldn't find a heart-beat. She lost her baby, and is now currently in the hospital (second day) trying to deliver her. I know I can make dinners, babysit, and send flowers, but I just feel so helpless when it comes to helping her FEEL better. I wish there was something I could do to take her pain away. I can't imagine what our Heavenly Father must feel when he sees us struggling with our trials. It helps to know that He's in charge of all things and we just need to trust in Him. She's a strong girl, and I'm sure with time she'll be fine, but I just feel so awful that this had to happen to her.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the update! I hope your dad is doing well, too. And my gosh, I can't believe that about your neighbor...it just makes my heart ache. I can't imagine losing a baby that far along...it just makes me cry! I'm so sorry to hear that! Your kids are so cute...tell them all hello from Weston and I!

Josh and Shalae said...

It sounds like you guys are doing good out there:) Tell your friend I'm so sorry for her loss. I can't even imagine what she's feeling right now. We miss you and can't wait to see you in January!

AmberLou said...

Hey Cami... I have some great quotes that really helped me when we lost our baby. Can I get your email address so I can send them to you to give to your friend? I'm glad to see everything is going well for your cute family! I always love to hear the funny things that Carson comes up with. :) We miss you guys!