First off.... I'd like to introduce you all to my new couches, and my homemade throw pillows! After getting such a steal on the couch and loveseat, I couldn't bare throwing away $80.00 on the 4 throw pillows alone! So... I made them. Not as fancy as some may buy from a store but I was happy with them, which is all that matters, right? Aren't the couches beautiful!!! oooh...I just love them!
I think the pillows pull the room together with the green curtains and tablecloth, and the other sage green decor throughout the kitchen, don't you?
Then...while I was in the mood to do pillows, I figured I should finally use up the scraps from the quilt I made last year to make a few throw pillows for the bed. I love how it actually looks like a real set now.
I saw some darling ribbon rings on a friends blog, (Emily's blog.bitsofeverything.com).... and thought they would be perfect for my girls, my Young Women (it made a darling handout for one of my lessons) and even for me to wear! The picture is hard to see, and it looks HUGE on her tiny little fingers, but it was super easy and fun to make! This was the first one I made, and definitely not the best, but she still loved it. I have since made more in MANY colors (mixing different colors of ribbons for one ring) and sizes. I love cheap little accessories!
(PS....I also made lots of new flower bows for the girls...like the one above.)


Feeling gorgeous...

Feeling gorgeous...
I made the flower bows first and decided I needed to make something for them to hang on so they don't all break like the LAST time I made flower bows! So...this is what I came up with. Nothing spectacular, but it does the job. (I made many of the ribbon hairbows awhile back, and made most of the flower bows this past week.)

And last, but not least, thanks to another friend, Amelia, I learned how to make these darling little hooded towels. What a GREAT baby gift! Tie it up with some Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo and/or lotion and violla! Perfect little presents. I made these two for a friend's little girls (ages 2 and 4). They share the same birthday, and I wrapped each of them a coordinating towel with a different bath toy. Simple and cute!

Madison borrowed it for a minute. Sorry Darcy! I guess I'll be making one for my kids really soon!

And last, but not least, thanks to another friend, Amelia, I learned how to make these darling little hooded towels. What a GREAT baby gift! Tie it up with some Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo and/or lotion and violla! Perfect little presents. I made these two for a friend's little girls (ages 2 and 4). They share the same birthday, and I wrapped each of them a coordinating towel with a different bath toy. Simple and cute!
Madison borrowed it for a minute. Sorry Darcy! I guess I'll be making one for my kids really soon!
And there you have it. Probably the most crafty two weeks of my life. You should be impressed. And to think...James threw away a pair of khaki pants a month or two ago, because the button fell off and I never got around to sewing it back on. If only he would've waited until this week, when I was TOTALLY in the mood!
7 comments:
Check you out gettin' all crafty! Your towels turned out great! I'm happy to see you tried it.
And btw, your couches are awesome! They look comfy to boot.
Look at you Cami! your projects are so cute :) And let me tell you we have the same couches!!! We love them too.
Hope all is great.
PS Your kids are getting so big. They are so adorable and super smart :)
I laughed so hard about James throwing away a pair of pants! Tyler has a pile of things that I keep saying I will learn how to fix. I really want to learn to make the hooded towels. You should post a tutorial if you make more. :)
Look at you! GO CAMI JO!!! Everything turned out great. LOVE the new couches, it makes your home look so cute and inviting. Aaaah, the work I have to do on mine, one day I'll get there...one day!
You're so funny (re: button :)) adn your projects turned out great. I DO love your new furniture and definitely agree that the pillows bring the room together - look at you!!!
Wow! I'm impressed! Your couches are beautiful and the pillows are awesome. And THANKS for the shout out! I'm glad you liked the rings. They are FUN!!
Holy cow, look at you go girl! That's awesome! Send some vibes my way! I LOVE your new couches and your pillows look amazing! I love those colors together, I think your front room looks beautiful.
Post a Comment