Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Fitness Pal



So, back in the Summer, I was pretty tired of all the baby weight I was still carrying around.  I exercised, but was still nursing and it was hard for me to lose any weight. (I actually gained weight while I was nursing...ugh.)  So, I decided to get serious and I found a website called www.myfitnesspal.com It's FABULOUS!  And it's free. On the website, you put in your personal information (Weight, height, activity level, etc.) and your goal (losing 1 pound a week, 1.5 pounds a week, etc.)  It calculates how many calories you need to intake everyday to reach your goal. Then you track your calories daily (it's super easy).  You also track any exercise you do and how many calories you burned.  Then everyday you see if you reached your daily calorie goal.  The fun thing is this also allows you to have "friends", so anybody you know that is doing it, you can add and you can all help eachother stay motivated by seeing how you all are doing! 

I have always enjoyed exercise, so that was never my struggle, but the food part was hard. I thought I was eating healthy- but until I actually counted calories, it was easy to see I was eating WAY too many!  It has helped me lose 27 pounds so far and taught me so much about healthy diet and excercise.

I took this picture in the Summer....

"BEFORE"





And I took this picture yesterday...

"AFTER"




I'm still far from where I want to be, but I know if I'm consistent with my plan, I'll get there!  If anybody wants to try myfitnesspal, let me know and I'll add you as a friend!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

WOW! Way to go! You look great! I have a goal to slim down this year as well, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I have it and will be using it probably more often. You look so good!!!! I hope I can look that good!

Shareen said...

You look beautiful!!! Thin too :)

Lisa said...

Great job! I took a different route to lose the baby weight--sugar and dairy free. I've lost 12 lbs. in the last six weeks or so. I love finding something that will work for your lifestyle. Keep up the great work!!!