Sunday, May 25, 2014

Madison turns 5!

Madison turned 5 this week. I can't believe how fast time goes.  People say that all the time, but I never really thought it, until I had kids!

Madison celebrated at home with us on her birthday, and then had a "Butterfly" party on Saturday, (her request) with her friends from.

For her birthday, she got a swimming pool for the kids, and some roller blades. Also, some jewelry, nail polish, and a new outfit. She was thrilled.



 Butterfly/Skittle cake



Cute girls doing some crafts


Birthday girl with the cake



Buttefly decorations

Some cute girls



Playing "Throw the butteflies into the flower pot"




Decorating butterfly picture frame/mirrors


 Butterfly relay race


 Katelyn


Kenzie Jo

Elly

Morgan


Chasing Buttefly (bubbles) and catching them in their butterfly nets
 (Don't mind that dead square in the corner of my yard......we are in the middle of making a garden! Hooray!)





 Cake and  Ice cream


For favors, they each got a balloon, the pictures/butteflies they colored, their picture frames they decorated, and these little butterfly boxes full of special buttefly things, like a butterfly ring, fan, sucker, and some bracelets. (Thank goodness for Oriental Trading!)


All in all, she had a great birthday!

2 comments:

Erica Bazil said...

Looks so fun! We did a simple butterfly theme for Rosie's birthday and did the same cake! I thought I could handle skittles :). - I just still haven't posted about it. I have really got to get back on the ball!

Tiff and Shay Family said...

So cute!!! I love the skittle butterfly...I may have to steal that idea someday!!