Why does it seem that, (what should be) the most relaxing day of the week, always turns out to be so hectic-especially before church?! It doesn't even seem to matter what time church even starts- I'm always running late and feeling chaotic as I walk Carson into nursery! (Our Sacrament is last) For example- today was as crazy as ever. James had to go to work at 5:30AM today and while he was showering at 4:45- Carson woke up and decided not to go back to sleep. So- my day begins at 5 am, and church doesn't start until 1! Anyway- Carson wakes up Kenzie- so I feed her and then lay on the couch while Carson watches cartoons and snacks on dry cheerios! Around- oh say 7:30- I decide to get up and eat some cheerios of my own. About 7:45 it hits me that I have welfare meeting at the church at 9:30. So- now I have to wake carson- (who has magically fallen asleep in front of the tv), bath and feed both kids, get myself ready and find a babysitter! Well- amazingly enough I get all that done with a few seconds to spare. (Just enough time to get dinner started.) By the time I get home from my meeting- I have to feed McKenzie,-AGAIN- finish dinner, pack a church bag for Carson, feed him lunch, grab lunch for myself, and head out the door for church a few minutes early so I can set up my display for Relief Society!
WHAT WOULD I DO IF CHURCH WAS AT 9:00?!!!!
At least after church things seem a little more calm!
I know church music helps set a better mood on Sunday- but do any of you have any other great ideas to enjoy the Sabbath- before church? Let me know!
3 comments:
First of all, LOVE the blog.
And I'm glad I'm not the only one who turns into a crazy woman 15 minutes before church. Some sundays I spend the whole time in the car on the way to church apologizing to Aaron for being such a beast. Not the best way to start your Sunday! And I have ONE kid! Do you like having sacrament last? I am not a fan. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Cam!
ignore your kids and sleep (jk)
ha ha cami it really is way good to hear from you, i miss the old days. I also can't believe you have two kids that is so cool! I still get to sleep in quite frequently :) but my day will come. Your husband looks rad, make sure to let me know when you are in town it would be great to meet the man.
Post a Comment