Thursday, May 24, 2007

Just learning

So- I'm just learning how to do this blog thingy-ma-jig so hang in there with me! I thought it would be fun to do a blog since I don't live very close to my family and friends. It's an easy way for people to see what's going on with me. Sometimes I have a hard time being away from good old UTAH, but I know that Idaho is where I'm supposed to be right now-- potatoes and all!

I've finally been feeling more comfortable with having two children so small. McKenzie is 9 weeks old now, and Carson is 19 months old! It's been a trial for all of us to adjust with two- especially Carson. He adores McKenzie- but sometimes I think he misses ALL the attention. A couple of days ago James and I caught him swinging in the Baby swing with McKenzie's pink blanket- saying..."Binky---Binky?" We just laughed and played along until he wanted to be a big boy again! He is such a blessing in our lives and he always keeps us laughing!
I can say that things have gotten easier the past few weeks though. I think I'm getting the hang of things, and it's only getting easier as Kenzie gets on more of a routine. I've even -almost -mastered the Grocery Shopping thing with two in the cart! (You noticed I did say ALMOST!) Here's how it goes: Carson sits up front (So we can strap him in!) and McKenzie is in the back, in her carseat. Food? What Food? There is no room for food!! Just Kidding- we usually just shove it around the carseat in the back- and take advantage of the under rack thing! This is the best way we've found- however... it's a little more difficult to shove groceries around the carseat once they've all been bagged. We're still working on a solution for that- meanwhile- Carson gets burried with grocery bags on the way to the car!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Blog Cam!

Josh and Shalae said...

This turned out really cute! What an adorable little family you have. I know what you mean by the whole shopping thing. When I had Jakelle it was so hard to take two babies and get anything done. I'm glad things are going well. Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Now everbody can see what cute little grandkids I have. haha
Good luck with the shopping thing, I remember having to transfer carts until I was through shopping and pull two carts to the car. The diapers take up more room than the kids.
Love ya
Mom

Evie B. said...

Yay! You're a blogger now...I'll have to add you to my link list on mine. www.ballardbunch.blogspot.com

We miss you guys!

loves,
evonne