Thursday, June 28, 2007

COOL new bike







If a Star Wars bike with training wheels isn't COOL to a little boy, I don't know what is! Carson loves his new bike, even though he really has no idea what Star Wars is (and his mother wasn't really a fan). He can't really pedal yet allthough his feet do touch. (He kind of lacks the coordination.) He has been calling everything "cool" though. "Cool" sandals. "Cool" socks. "Cool" everything! The Relief Society President in our ward gave him the bike. We go walking every Tues/Thurs for R.S., and a week or so ago she said that she had an old bike that Carson might fit on. She has 3 kids of her own, but her youngest is 5 and is a little big to ride it. Her oldest is 12. She babysits for me all the time and I teach her singing lessons. All in all I love that family. I took Lisa to lunch today for her birthday today, and yesterday she watched Kenz while James and I took Carson to the community pool. (Which he loved!) I think it's great that I can be friends with someone who is totally in a different stage of life than I am. Having friends of all ages really teaches me a lot. (Not to mention makes me feel quite mature! j/k)


So, get this. Carson has been telling us when he needs to go "stinky" for the past little while. I think he's still pretty young to fully potty-train, but heck-I figure if I can get the nasty stuff trained first, I'm in good shape! He's funny though because he always wants one of his toys to watch him on the toilet. He makes them tell him "Good Job" and clap their hands when he does his duty! It cracks me up. He still of course has lots of accidents, but I think if we let him do it at his own pace, then he won't be defiant when we really start! The other day, my friend and her husband were over for dinner. (That's what I miss most Melissa. Eating dinner together in Ephraim!) Anway, We were all chatting, and Cameron, my friends husband, got up and went into the bathroom. Carson immediately went over to Mary, pointed to the bathroom door, and asked, "Cameron going stinky in toilet?" We couldn't help but laugh.


So, I have my lesson pretty much planned out for now so I'm not too nervous now, since it's all planned. I'm so wierd when I plan my lessons. First of all, the house has to be totally clean, laundry done, etc. etc. etc. I think it's because I really need to feel the spirit when I plan my lessons, and if my house is a disaster, I can't relax, let alone think! James teases me constantly because I worry and stress so much when I have to teach. Secondly, I always think of a topic like a month before I have to teach, so I can start gathering stuff to use for the lesson. Then, (this has happened 3 different times!) A week or two before I teach, somebody teaches the same lesson in R.S. Either from the manual or the Ensign article. I need to really start looking through the manual to check the lessons for the prior weeks! So then I pick a whole NEW topic and stress and plan the whole week or two before!
Well, for those of you who are fans, Enjoy the OFFICE marathon tonight! I know I will!

No comments: