Saturday, June 16, 2007

JUST LIKE DAD



Lately Carson wants to be just like his dad. He wants to read like daddy, feed the baby like daddy, and even dress like daddy! It's so cute to watch him copy everything James does. At the moment, Carson is making his Dad a Father's Day Card. (He's been real into coloring pictures lately, and he's actualy pretty good at just drawing or coloring on paper and not the walls and stuff.) Anyway, I can't believe Father's Day is tomorrow. I've shopped for James and my dad, but we never know what to get James' dad. Since we have a few weeks before we're going home I guess we have a little while longer to think up a good present. And I decided that I'll let James figure out what to get him, since it is his dad!
It's been so nice to have James home more in the Summer. Although, he's been pretty frustrated lately that his job won't give him more hours. I love to have him home, but it's driving him crazy, knowing that he could be making money if his boss would just schedule him more! He's been trying to pick up as many hours as he can, and some weeks it's 40, and other weeks it's only 20 He stresses SO much about money sometimes. It's hard on me because he never wants to ask for any time off, since he's not working much anyway, so I have a hard time planning to go home or do anything, because I never know if he's going to have to work. Like in July, he got scheduled to work the weekend of my cousin's wedding, and he doesn't want to ask for it off, so I have to go home alone, with 2 kids. I might go home a few days early though, so we can be home on July 4th, and see fireworks. I'm sure Carson will love that this year! Anyway- I know it could be worse if James was a slacker. Some of my friends have to nag their husbands to study and do their homework, and I think to myself, "what would that be like? I have to nag mine to stop studying!" He's kind of a perfectionist when it comes to certain things. Anyway- he's at work right now, so I'd better get some things done while he's gone, so we can do something fun when he gets home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh those pictures were cute. I loved the one where he's reading the paper with daddy and also where he's wearing the tie.
Tooo cute!

Anonymous said...

carson is so cute in the picture with the tie. he looks like he is saying, "gee mom, haven't you ever seen a kid with a tie before?"
too cute!

Melissa E Photography said...

LOVE the tie picture Cami. Did you know I think you are supermom?

Unknown said...

Hey Cami, Rachel and I wanted to get my dad a present together so I went looking for a present for him at the store twice and both times came up empty. So I told Rachel to get one for him from us. She say "okay, for sure, no problem". Did she get one for him....nope