This is Carson's latest hiding place. (It's under Kenzie's crib, if you couldn't make out the picture.) He loves to play Hide and Seek. He's finally getting better at staying hidden. Before, whenever we would look for him, we naturally would say, "Where's Carson?" and he would always pop out and say, "There he is!" Now, he just yells from his hiding spot, "Carson, Where are you?" "Carson Hiding!" So, I'm moving into a 3 bedroom apartment in a couple of weeks. Can I just say that I absolutely hate moving?! It'll be nice to have 3 rooms, but I dread packing and unpacking everything. (Especially with two kids to entertain.) When I move I always feel like I have to re-organize everything before I move, so I don't take a bunch of junk to my new apartment. I've been trying to dejunk (if that's even a word) all of my belongings the last couple of days, and it's amazing the things I find around my house, shoved in drawers or closets. I've been a really big pack-rat since I was little, and I need to learn to throw more stuff out!
I am in the process of getting a toy box for Carson. I'm so picky sometimes. I want something besides a big laundry basket, that he can keep all of his toys in (big and small ones). I'm excited that he'll be able to keep all his toys in his room, when we move, instead of in the living room. Right now in his room there is the book shelf, the changing table, the crib, 2 dressers, some toys, etc! Soon he'll have a room with just HIS stuff in it! (We'll stick all the other stuff in the babies room since she won't know the difference for awhile!) Anyway, does anybody have any ideas of where to get a good, (inexpensive) toy box? I've checked a few places, but I haven't found anything that I really love that's in my price range. Let me know if you have any ideas!
4 comments:
go to walmart and get one of those big plastic storage tubs. get a bright color and then go home and paint fun things on it that will match his room. let him choose some of them and then he will really feel like it is HIS.
just an ideal.:)
You could try Robert's Crafts (if they have them up there) and buy one at 40% off. That way you can paint it and make it your own.
I'm a fan of the painting and staining, though! :)
Will he have room in his closet? I like being able to hide the toys so the room doesn't look so cluttered, but you've got to have enough closet space for it. I just bought some little plastic tubs for his cars, animals ect. I'm hoping it will cut down on the clutter! Post pictures of the finished product!
Call me girl!
Sorry, no ideas.
Post a Comment