So, after my Enrichment Meeting on Food Storage and Preparedness, I realized that I still have a lot to do to get prepared for an emergency! Today I spent the morning putting together 4 different 72 hour kits. (one for each of us) I have to go get a couple of little things still, but I really had most of the stuff here, I just had to put it all together. I put mine and Carsons stuff in backpacks, McKenzies in an old diaper bag, and James' and other family stuff in a duffle bag. Also, my goal this week is to get my food storage organized. I decided I'm going to put stickers on all my food. I'm color coding it all, according to the expiration date. Yellow for the foods that expire 2007, Red for 2008, Blue for 2009 etc. Then, on each sticker I'll write the month it expires. This way, when I need to rotate my food I won't have to take forever to see when it expires. I'll just use the yellow sticker foods first, and so on. I also need to go get a couple of 5 gallon buckets. I decided I want to put my flour and sugar in these. It seems easier to store it in a 5 gallon bucket, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Any ideas where I can buy them?
Well, we're on day 2 with the potty training. He's not doing half bad, but I think he's just having a hard time "feeling" when he has to go. This morning he wet 3 different pairs of underwear before 9:00am! He would start to go, and then when he started to feel wet he was halfway through. Once he felt wet he would yell, "Potty on the toilet, please! I'd rush him into the bathroom, and he'd finish his business, but I just don't know how to get him to tell me BEFORE he starts going. Maybe he's not quite ready, or maybe he just needs more practice. He's been a really good sport about going when I take him, and he loves his reward when he goes in the toilet. (Every time he goes "stinky" he gets a Big marshmallow, and every time he goes potty he gets 2-3 mini marshmallows. Quite the prize, huh? He loves marshmallows though, and it's a pretty inexpensive treat, so what the heck. I was a little surprised that he was satisfied with 2 mini marshmallows.)
6 comments:
i got a 5 gallon bucket for trek for felicia at smiths marketplace in the camping area. maybe you are just looking in the wrong dept. of whatever stores are up there. just a thought.
I don't know about the buckets, I've never tried. And at the moment we don't have any room for that stuff. When I try to store things in the empty kids closets it just get trashed.
I think for Carson at his age that sounds pretty good for only day two. hopefull it goes uphill from there and not down.
Caleb is adjusting pretty good. He still has a day when he is ready to go see grandma but we just have to tell him it will be a long time before we get to see them again.
We are trying to sign him up for a preschool here so that maybe that will help to pass the time quickly for him.
My mom said that she got hers at Macey's but she doesn't think that there is one by you.
Why do you store so much food a time? Are you canning the foods?
I store food so I can be prepared if their was ever an emergency.
Way to get prepared Cam! You should ask my sisters about potty training. They got their kids trained in a weekend. I for 2-3 days they put them on the potty every 15 minutes until they learned how to control it a little more.
Post a Comment