Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The next Idaho Idol???


Last Thursday night I went and auditioned for the "Idaho Idol" here in Pocatello. I had to sing 30 seconds of something- Acapella- and I sang "God bless America" (mainly because I like to belt out the end). Well, this whole thing is put on by a radio station here in Eastern Idaho, and the final winner wins any concert tickets that the radio station gives away- for an entire year. The radio station did 6 different auditions, and chose 4 semi-finalists from each audition. The DJ's were suppose to call the night of the auditions to let the qualifiers know that they made it to the semi-finals. When I didn't get a call, I wasn't too upset that I didn't win, I was more just dissapointed because I haven't done any type of contest in awhile, and I thought it would be fun to sing at the Eastern Idaho State Fair. I guess the semi-finalists are put on the radio stations website, and then people vote on them. From their, they narrow it down to half, and the last 12 people sing at the State Fair, and that's when they "Crown" the 2007 Idaho Idol. So, yesterday I was feeding Carson lunch, and I got a phone call from the DJ at the radio station. Apparently I DID qualify, and there was a miscommunication between the DJ's about who was going to call and let the qualifiers know they made it to the next round. So... they mad me sing over the phone for the DJ, sohe could tape me and put it on the internet for people to vote- starting today. (Since it was recorded over the phone, I should have realized it would sound bad to belt it out- and I should have sang it softer because it sounded totally muffled, and lets put it this way, I sound like an angry screaming woman instead of a happy, patriotic singer!) Anyway, like I said, the voting starts today, so if any of you are bored and want to check it out.... here's the website:

www.z103.fm/

PS: It's up to YOUR votes to put me through- because really- the recording sounds like CRAP! And if people don't know me, I'm pretty sure they won't vote!

*** You all better vote-or else...! (Picture me shaking my fist at you with a very mean look in my eye!)

7 comments:

Mary Clark said...

thats is awesome cami!! Just so you know i voted for you, if I can I will vote for you more than once. I love hearing you sing, I always get goosebumbs whenever you are singing. That would be cool if you were chosen to sing at the fair. Be sure to let us know what happens okay.
Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Sorry,I would vote for you but I am partial to Jocelyn. I don't know why exactly. She just has a more youthful voice.

Cami Jo said...

Man. If I can't count on my husband to vote for me, I'm for sure doomed!

Emily Walker said...

Cami, you don't know me too well. I'm a friend of Brie's. I voted for you on that website. I absolutely loved the song you sang at Brienna's wedding and it would be so great if you could win your contest!
Emily

Anonymous said...

Wow! you are way more brave then me. And you don't have to shake your fist or anything to get anybody's vote-I'm sure that most of us will do it willingly-right you guys.
And James Cami's going to do more then shake her fist at you! how much do you like your couch? j/k

Melissa E Photography said...

Idahoan Idol? Sweet! Don't worry, the quality of all of the contestants was crappy. And you don't sound like an angry yelling woman!! You sound great!

James, you're a punk! (I'll smack him for you Cam.)

Melissa E Photography said...

CLARIFICATION: I didn't mean to imply that all of the contestants stunk. I meant the recording was crappy. HAHA!!