Sunday, August 26, 2007

Nothin' like free junk!



So, can you believe Mckenzie is now sitting? Well, sort of. She does the best on the bed. She is 5 months old now, and I can't believe how fast the time goes.



So, yesterday we had a huge Relief Society activity. We had 4 different wards involved, and we had a big yard sale event, except everything was free. You bring your junk and leave with somebody elses. How much better can a Saturday get? No, really, I got some fun things. A shelf, some toys, some kids books, a new (to me, anyway) purse, etc, etc. etc. I thought it was a lot of fun, which makes me wonder if I really am "white trash". Oh- one of these days I won't have to shop at yard sales and the DI. I'll be livin' the high life then!



So, we've been working really hard on manners lately. (for Carson- in case some of you were thinking James.) He usually does really well at saying, please, thankyou, no thankyou, please don't, excuse me, etc. Yesterday, Carson gave his little friend a toy and when she said thankyou, he said, "you welcome!" I didn't even know he knew that one. Anyway, he does pretty good for the most part, but sometimes I think he just gets them all mixed up. For instance, after dinner I was washing his hands and face off, before I let him down and started whining, "no thankyou, no thankyou." When I was finished I said,"okay, your done," and he replied with, "you welcome." I think we still need a little bit more practice, but I guess it's good that these phrases are at least in his vocabulary now.



James starts school tomorrow and I'm really not excited. I've enjoyed having him around these past few months, and I know that Carson is going to miss him more since he's use to having him home. At least now that he's back in school, I can go back to the gym at ISU. That's exciting. I was really getting a little annoyed of Billy Blanks.



Welll, I'm off to go finish the Book of Mormon. My month is almost up. I'm just about finished and I'm quite proud of myself for sticking with it. It was very time consuming, but well worth it!





4 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

Kenz is so big! You and James need to have 23 children because you make some darling kids. And you're not white trash Cam, you're thrifty! (Although I hear you steal $1 movies when no one's looking.) When are you going to learn the difference between thrift and stealing?

Way to go on the BOM reading. Do you want to read the Old Testament with me when you're done?

Mary Clark said...

How fun is that getting free stuff from yard sales. I wish I was there. I dont think you are white trash at all, I love shopping at the DI and going to yard sales. You can get some pretty neat stuff. Wow I cant believe McKenzie is 5 months old. Time does go by fast. Tell James to have a great time at school.

Tyler said...

They had one of those relief society things when I was engaged. They called it a swap meet. It was really great- among other things I got away with a really nice bed spread (I had been working on getting our home ready to move into, and our bed just had an old blanket on it) and a bread maker that was practically brand new!

Anonymous said...

I can't believ They did it after I moved away..maybe they knew all my stuff was really trashy and that's why they waited...
I thinks it's great they would do something like that. I bet there was a bunch of cool stuff around.