Saturday, November 17, 2007

Great kids- Great Families

I love the age that Carson is right now. He says and does the funniest things. Lately, when he doesn't want to eat any more dinner, he tells me he's sick and needs to throw up. I take him to the bathroom, he sticks his head over the toilet, coughs, spits, and then stands up and pats his tummy telling me he feels better. Where did he learn that? I also love how he plays with Kenzie. For some reason he always makes her laugh a lot harder than James or I can. He usually calls her Kenz, Kenzie Jo,"MY-kenzie", pretty girl, or silly girl. The other day, however, he was calling her something that I couldn't quite understand and laughing. Everytime he said it, he would laugh and she would laugh. I finally asked him to tell me slowly what he was saying, and come to find out he was calling her "poo-poo face"! I couldn't believe it. We don't even say that word in our house! I'm pretty sure that he learned it from some of the kids at nursery, and has no idea it's not nice to call somebody a poo-poo face. I told him to call her pretty-face instead and he caught on rather quickly. It was actually kind of funny.

Well, I'm leaving to Utah on Monday. I'm excited that James has the whole week off of school, and that we can spend it with our families. We are going with James' family this year for Thanksgiving, and I'm excited. It should be fun. I'm so lucky that James and I both get along with our "In-laws" I hear so many stories from friends about how miserable they are when the have to go to their "In-laws" for the holidays instead of their own family. One of my friends told me that she actually refuses to EVER spend a Christmas with her in-laws, because she says her family is much more fun. Her poor husband. Anyway, I'm just glad that we don't have to deal with those kind of problems. Our families are the BEST!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Cami. We are so excited to have you and the kids coming to visit! (How did this thing figure out my name? I didn't tell it.)

Mary Clark said...

sounds like carson is learning alot of new tricks. Where did he learn how to manipulate so early in life? Thats neat that your kids get along so well, hopefully it will last until they are older. We are also going down to utah for thanksgiving. We are headed down on wednesday after cameron gets off work. We hope you have a wonderful turkey day and dont eat too much

Anonymous said...

Rob and I are the same way we love eachothers familes and we all are happy to see each other.
Hope you have fun! We can hardly wait to see our family for the week too!!

vandi said...

cami...I've loved your posts lately, sorry I haven't gotten around to commenting much...my bad. You're kids are so adorable. I love the video with Kenzi doing patty cake. Carson in the back ground is the best! "...and carson" haha: ) Have a fun thanksgiving. That's awesome james got the whole week off. Take care guys!

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Cami!!! Hey, I saw your blog on Michelle's post, so I took a look, hope you don't mind! You look so great and your kids are soo cute! my blog address is www.benandjennifer.blogspot.com you should check it out. I hope we can keep in touch! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kim and Chet said...

Lol! I love little kids and the things they say....unless it's like Hunter calling me "stupid Mommy" like he did last night b/c I made him leave his bedroom door open and he was mad! I heard him telling Talon last night, as they were playing "Pirates" with their new guns they got from Disneyland that he needed rum! Lol