Saturday, November 24, 2007

We're back

We had an awesome week in Utah. Thanksgiving was fun. Only a few mishaps, but I'll get to those later. Here is a picture I took of us sitting down to dinner with James' family. It's a little blurry, sorry. Dinner was awesome. I made rolls and a salad, but Ann and Tony did the majority of the cooking. Thanks again!


Now to the mishaps. The first one happened to James. He was playing football with my family on Thanksgiving morning, and he somehow took a cleat to the face. He cut up his lips pretty bad, but luckily he didn't have to get stitches. I thought I took a picture to show you, but I must have accidentally erased it, because I couldn't find it. The other mishap was actually pretty funny. Let's just say that my mom ended up WEARING her chocolate pie instead of eating it. Looks kind of nasty, huh?! Carson kept telling her that she should go "stinky" in the toilet.



The day after Thanksgiving was great. I did some major shopping, and got a lot of really good deals. I woke up at 3:30am and was at Toys-R-Us at 4:15am! Sounds crazy, but the thrill of getting a great deal just cant be beat. Christmas shopping always puts me in the Christmas spirit, and when I got home last night, I was still in the Christmas spirit, and so I decided to put up the decorations today. This first picture is "Carson's" tree. We put it in his room just for him. (We put up some of his ornaments, and any of my old ornaments that had teddy bears. It's not the cutest tree, but he likes it!)


And this, my friends, is MY tree. I bought a new tree this year. (6.5 feet instead of 4!) I also got new ornaments and I was so excited to set it up. It looks better in person, but you guys get the idea. Anyway, I'm excited for the Holidays this year, even more than normal for some reason.



I absolutely love the fact that my tree was pre-lit! I HATE stringing Christmas lights. This, however, was so easy to set up. It came in 3 pieces and all I had to do was snap them together, and fluff the branches. No joke, I was done in 20 minutes. Here's a night shot.


Hope everybody had a terrific Thanksgiving! As much fun as we had, we are very glad to be back.

6 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

I'm so bummed we didn't get to see you! It seems like whenever you guys come in town, we leave. DARN!

Aaron and I are totally laughing at the chocolate pie incident. Cars' reaction is hilarious! Your tree looks great! We bought a 6.5 footer last year and I love it.

Hey, Aaron told me to tell you to tell Taylor (did you catch all that?) that there is an EKG job open.

Miss you guys!

Kim and Chet said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to see you, but it sounds like you had lots of fun! We also had a bunch of fun shopping and Uncle Chet said he really didn't mind it at all! (He'll never admit it though) Can't wait to see you at Christmas! Love ya bunches.

Anonymous said...

It was so great having you guys here for the week. I am so proud of you and the great job you and James are doing in everything but especially with my GRANDkids. Thanks.

Your tree looks awesome. I like the decorations you picked. Nice job! Good luck keeping Kenzie away from it.

That picture of mom is pretty darn funny. She's always told me that she can't eat dessert because she'll end up "wearing" it. Seeing is believing. I must admit though that she still looks pretty hot! Hmmm.... Is it okay to call A "Grandma" hot???? Or should I have just left it at pretty? Am I breaking some kind of generation code?

Love, your proud but bewildered Dad.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for Christmas too! You know I will be 27 when that fun day get here!
We are still trying to decide how to make room in our apart for our tree, when that finally happen more joy will be bubbling up inside me until then it is still deptressing to think that we may not beable to have it up at all.
I'm so happy that you were able to do shopping I didn't get to thios year, Caleb and Chloe both were sick for the trip to pocy and back home. I ended up being up all night with sick kids, almost our entire trip. Makes coming home nice.

Tyler said...

Love your tree! Mine is pre-lit too, thank goodness. Your post actually reminded me of that. I'd forgotten, and I've been dreading the lights. I usually have my decorations up by now- I'm not on the ball this year!

Mary Clark said...

im glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Seeing the picture of your mom wearing the pie is classic. After thanksgiving always puts me in the christmas spirit too. Your tree looks great. i wish mine was pre lit, I hate putting on the lights. Have a great holiday season