Saturday, December 15, 2007

No more internet

So, as you can tell by the lack of posts lately, we still don't get the internet at home. We've never actually "had" the internet at our house, but usually James' laptop will pick up a wireless signal and we'd use that. Since it no longer works, who knows how long it will be between my posts!
Well, much has happened in the last week or so. I had a birthday. (Thanks for all the birthday wishes!) and we also had a death in the family. Yes. Poor Cleo (My 1981 Cutlass Oldsmobile) died last Wednesday. The transmission was shot, and that would cost more than the car is worth to get it fixed! So, we're in the process of buying a new car. (New for us anyway. We're a "Used" car kind of people.)
If anyone is selling a car, let us know! We don't know for sure what we want yet. We know we want something small for the good gas mileage. I would imagine that we will be getting a van or something when James graduates (because I'm sure we'll be on our way to 3 kids by then), But for now, a little car will work just fine.
So, guess what? With much worry and debate, I chopped off my hair. James said he didn't mind if that is what I wanted to do, and when I got it done he said he was "pleasantly surprised". I'll take that as a compliment from a man who HATES short hair. As for me, I LOVE it! It is kind of an A-line cut, so it curls under my chin in the front and is shorter and stacked in the back. It is really short for me, but it looks SO much thicker. It's super easy to do, and I got some hair product for "cost" from my hair lady, which makes a huge difference too. I would've taken a picture to show you, but I'm using the Library computer!
So, Carson and McKenzie both LOVE Santa this year. I was surprised that they both sat on his lap and were totally fine. Carson has seen a few different Santa's and he's asked everyone of them for a candy cane for Christmas. (This is possibly because he sees the bowl of Candy canes right by Santa's legs when he's on his lap, and immediately forgets everything else he wants for Christmas!) I'm excited this year for Christmas and I can't believe it's only in 10 days! WAHOO! We will be coming home on Christmas Eve this year, and staying until January 3rd. Hope to see everyone when we come home!

4 comments:

Mary Clark said...

Im sorry your car died, it is 26 years old, it was bound to happen sometime. Good luck in buying your new car. I bet your hair looks good on you, I cut mine during thanksgiving and it is similar to yours. Hope you have a great Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

oh Cami, I'm sorry too about your car and abot no internet. I just don't know what I would do If we couldn't have it. I practically live online, you know blogging, paying bills, and other things but those are the really important ones. I hope that you have a great Christmas! I will miss not being abale to see my family, but I guess we have to start making our own traditions here. We will be here all alone and have a nice quiet one except when the kids and screaming back and forth or just playing really really loud with the new toys they will be getting. Oh what Fun!!
Anyways I really do hope that you have a great Christmas!!!!
I will and I'll also have a great Birthday Too!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't advertise you were using others wireless..that's illegal! (I know Jocelyn and enjoy reading the blogs that are linked from her page) Have a great Christmas!

Kim and Chet said...

Oh I can't wait to see your hair! I bet it is SO cute on you. Be thinking of where you want to go for your birthday lunch!