So, two posts in one week! I have to be breaking some kind of record for me! Carson and I went to get my hair trimmed today, and the lady who cuts my hair lives right by the Library. So...since James had Kenz, Carson and I are taking our time and running a few extra errands!
Last night James went to a friend's house to watch the Jazz game, so I decided to have a girls night out. Well, a girls night "IN". Kristing came over and after we put the kids to bed we watched a chick flick, painted our toe nails, and made some dang, cute baby bows! It was nice to hang out without the kids for once.
Okay, I have another funny story about Carson. When we were leaving Jill's house the other day, Jill told Cars that she would give him 2 jellybeans if he cleaned up the toys. After they were cleaned, Jill held out her jellybean jar and told him he could pick the colors he wanted. He didn't think anyone was looking and so after he grabbed his two, he quickly took another handful. (Not realizing we saw.) Knowing that he is only two, I decided not to get mad, but just to call him on it. This was our conversation...
Me: Hey, Cars. How are your jellybeans tasting?
Carson: Delicious!
Me: How many did you get?
Carson: (In a little nervous tone...) Two.
Me: Wow. Can I see them?
Carson: (Before I even finished the previous question he blurted out) FIVE!
It caught me off guard. First, that he was smart enough to realize so quickly that five was more than two. and second, he obviously knew he had been lying, and he was about to get caught!
Last night James and I took the kids on a long walk by the river. It was so fun. We took a bat and ball and played baseball in the pasture nearby. Then we walked out on this huge tree and threw rocks into the water. (Carson's all time favorite thing to do!) We watched the ducks and Kenzie was so excited! The entire time she just kept pointing to the water and saying. "KAK, KAK!" After our walk, we went out to dinner and we had such a fun night with just the four of us. I love that we can find ways to entertain ourselves and have fun together as a family.
Well, I think I'm going to go see if the library has the movie "Space Jam" so we can watch it tonight with the kids. I think Carson will love this movie, so....until next time... BYE!!!
6 comments:
Carson has got to be the funniest little kid I know. How smart of him to know to confess before he was caught. haha. You sound like you are having a great time with your little family. Enjoy it, they grow up too fast.
You've been tagged, check out my blog for details
It's great to see you blogging again, we miss hearing about what you're up to.
Can't wait to see the kids and you guys. Give them a big kiss from grandma and grandpa C.
Love mom
Hey, it's good to see you back on the blogging wagon! Your kids are super funny.
I'm so glad that you were able to do alittle blogging!! It is great to hear about what kinds of things you have been up to.
Our comp. is broken right now and just won't turn on. I think I am going to have to unplug and re-plug everything to see if that helps any but for now I am useing Rob's laptop from school. it is very difficult...
Glad you had a good night out with your fam.
What a totally cute blog! You are an amazing person and I'm glad we have become friends. Maybe I could join you for a work out sometime.
Post a Comment