Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Skinny Kenzie


I know this picture is already on the side of my blog, but without my camera, I'm limited here!
Anyway, I thought since I talked a little about Carson the other day, it's only fair to give the little girlie in my life some brag time.
Kenzi is 15 months old now, and is so much fun. She is healthy, but very little for her age! We had an apointment with the WIC nutritionist yesterday, who advised me to put straight whipping cream in her whole milk, to give her more calories! Funny thing is, she's on the charts just fine for her height. My friends say that they worry they are going to break her frail little arms everytime they pick her up!
Anyway, she has quite a little personality inside that tiny body of hers. I love this picture because I think it really shows who she really is. I have some innocent pictures of her, looking all sweet, but this is really what she is. Mischevious, fun, and loves to tease everyone! She can be sweet, but also very sassy. She learned to hit and whine, much earlier than Carson! She is also much more sensitive than Carson. I've learned that girls are easier to break. She gets her feelings hurt whenever she gets into trouble.
Kenzie loves hide and seek, and scaring us. Her and Carson play all the time, and it's fun to see how well they usually get along. She comes across as shy when she's around other adults, but really she's not. Anyone can hold her and she's fine, BUT she'll totally stare you down until she's comfortable with you. Another difference between her and Carson is that she aboslutely LOVES her back tickled. The only way I can get her to cuddle with me, is if I'm tickling her back!
She babbles all the time now, and she has such a low voice! Once in awhile we can make out a few words... Mama, Daddy, (which is spoken more than mama!), shoes, (which she says anytime she wants to go somewhere) Carson, Ball, Go, Doggy, eye, Down, please, thankyou, Milk (which is hard to understand if you don't know what she's saying) and a few more words that I'm not remembering right now. She also knows her body parts, animal noises, and a few songs, like Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy spider, It's gonna be a good day, etc.
Kenzie has been sleeping in Carson's bunk bed for a few weeks now, and every once in awhile, we'll find her asleep on the floor next to the door, but most the time she does just fine.
All in all, we love having a little girl around. She adds so much to our family and she is so much fun. We love you Kenzie!

11 comments:

Josh and Shalae said...

She is so cute!! You make some pretty cute chillins!! She is the spitting image of you. I love it!!

julie said...

darling. Though you must post more pictures, since I've never met her! :(

Personally, I think charts and percentages are dumb. Cream? If she's eating good and healthy and happy, who cares if she's skinny. Then again, I haven't quite finished my phD..so feel free to shut me up!

Michelle said...

Well Miss Kenzie is just a doll (and so is Carson!). Your totally right about the picture, fits her to a T!

I'm actually a little surprised by the whole whip cream idea. I agree with Julie, if she's healthy, then there's nothing wrong. She may be on the small size but she has a big heart and a smile that melts anyone around her!

*Have I mentioned what a great neighbor and friend you are? Because you're awesome. In case I haven't said it in awhile. :)*

Kim and Chet said...

she is darling! I think the reason why she's learned to hit and whine earlier is because she has a big brother! A girl's got to learn to defend herself the best she can right? :) (I did with my big brother, haha)

Jill Chatterley said...

She is so adorable. Ok, the running thing. Id love to go with you but I dont think I can do 3 miles. I just did 1.5 and walked the rest. I might slow you down. Ill give you a call.

Melissa said...

Hey Cam! Here is a link to your pics online. You can see all of the pics here. http://motherofthud.smugmug.com/gallery/5256868_HehuG/1/319800520_tNgpb
I'm dropping them in the mail today!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Oh, BLAST! The link didn't work. Go to smugmug.com and search for motherofthud, your gallery is named Cam. Let me know if it works!

Shareen said...

She is so adorable Cami. Of course she looks just like you. haha.
you have such cute kids, you should have a dozen :)

amber-girl said...

Hi!!! Can you believe that we have already moved? I am so glad to get comments from you! I am nervous about this Sunday..you know, being new, trying to make new friends...maybe if I just act like you, why, I'd probably be the most popular girl in the ward!! Seriously, you are such an example to me and I hope a little of you has rubbed off on me!!

Anonymous said...

she is so cute!!
You have ana mazing family!