Monday, August 4, 2008

Girl's camp and a naked boy (that doesn't sound good...does it?!)

Girl's camp was AWESOME!!! I know...kind of dorky....but I LOVED it! It brought back so many good memories of my days at girl's camp. Since I was over the 5th Level Youth Leaders, we were in charge of a lot. We had quite a few meetings previous to our camp, which was kind of nice because I was able to get to know the girl's a little before going up there. I was a little nervous because there had been some bear sightings this year. Even a week ago a cow had died, just down he road from the camp, and they found 2 bears eating it. Creepy huh! I decided to check out some "Bear spray" at Sportsman's before I left, but it was $50!!! Instead I bought a whistle to scare them away! The first day at camp we went hiking up to some wind caves. It was Beautiful! It was only about a 5 mile hike, but pretty steep. The next day we went canoing (don't ask me how that's really spelled!) down the Teton river. Lisa (my friend who was also a leader up there), Susan, (the other leader who I met there) and myself decided to go in the canoe together. We only hit 4 trees, and tipped twice! We had so much fun though. The whole camp was pretty packed with activities, which was fun. There was also a huge playground type slide from the top of the lodge to the bottom of the meadow. That was a blast to ride on! I also got my share of pranks in. We put snaps on the toilet seats, we put cotton in the twinkies, we "mooned" another level (we taped moons to their cabin....come on guys...give me a break....it was GIRL'S CAMP!!!) We also taped a HUGE Bra made out of Red wrapping paper to our Bishop's windshield on Thursday night, along with some popcorn and a poster that said, " Thanks for all the SUPPORT! We're so glad you took the time to "POP" by." The very last night, after all my girls had fallen asleep, Lisa and I took markers to their faces! We drew curly mustaches, beards, uni-brows, etc! I though I was pretty hillarious, and only one girl woke up while we did it! (Even though I was being extremely loud laughing, and trying not to wet my pants. Do ya notice how everything seems 10x funnier after midnight?!!! I'm not a normal person, when it's late!!!) I also got asked by the Stake Camp Director to sing at the Fireside on Wednesday night. I hadn't really planned for anything, but it turned out fine. I happened to have a song there, that I was planning to use for my devotional, and did that. One of my cute girls practiced it on the piano in the lodge, and it actually sounde pretty good. It was also fun to be in charge of the skit and the "commercials" between skits. I decided to do stupid human tricks for a few of the commercials, and even though I taught most of the girls them, they made me get up as well. It was really fun though. I'll have to show you my hidden talents sometime!!!

Anyway, that was the gist of our trip. It was a lot of fun. I only got a couple of pictures of the hike, but here they are.

This is the cave behind us. It was a little hard to get into, with the waterfall coming out of it and all!
It was pitch black in here, and I had to be really brave and crawl through this little tunnel to get in! I look like one of my brothers with the hat on!

Thanks to James and his mom, I was able to go and have a great time and not worry about the kids at all. Well....as much as possible for a mother...I guess.
Also, my brother Cole got home from his misison while I was at camp, and I haven't even seen him yet! We're going home on Thursday for his "homecoming/missionary meeting" so that will be fun. We can't wait to see him! Carson is especialy excited!!!
Okay- I know this has been long, but I have a couple of quick stories about Carson. The other day I was in the kitchen cooking dinner, and Carson was playing with a fork and a spoon. I looked down at him as he was holding both of them high into the air, and yelling in his deepest voice..."By the Power of GOD!" I have NO IDEA where he comes up with things like that!!! I talked to him about not saying those kinds of things when we're playing, and hopefully he understood!
The last story was from yesterday. I was again cooking dinner, and waiting for James to get home from work. Carson and McKenzie were both running around the living room with blankets between their legs. Carson said they were pretending to ride horses on the beach. Well, five minutes went by and I decided to call my Mom and Dad, like usual every Sunday. I was talking, when I glanced in the kitchen only to find my 2 year old, stripped down to his Birthday suit and laying on a blanket in the kitchen! Apparently it was time to get off the horses, and bask in the sun on the beach! I asked him what in the world he was doing, and he said, "I'm at the beach, and we are getting ready to go swimming, mom!" For all his creativeness, I let him play naked at the beach until dinner was ready. Where did this kid come from?



14 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

So glad you had fun at camp! It sounds like it was a blast. Your cute little Carson. That kid has quite the imagination...haha!

Audrey said...

I loved Girls Camp. We had so many fun memories and bonding moments with others. You sound like an awesome camp director! I bet those girls just loved having you around..
your kids are just the cutest thing ever.. Carson is so smart. I love his random phrases.. haha.

Anonymous said...

I think if I was one of your girls I would be upset with you! I don't go for pranks very well but I am glad that you had fun. And that no one was attacked by bears. Which camp did you go to? I wonder if I've been there.
Cute little butt-naked boy! You should really try to keep clothes on him for a change.
I'm glad that he relaxes in the sun sometimes.

Josh and Shalae said...

That little Carson is hilarious!!! I love it. He sure does have quite the imagination. It sounds like you had a great time at Girls camp. The girls are lucky to have you as their YW President. However I have to say, I'm glad it's you and not me. haha

Shareen said...

I swear noone would know you were not one of the girls. They are so lucky to have someone as fun as you are as their leader. Carson is a riot. It makes you wonder where his imagination came from and where it will take him. Glad you had a great time at camp. Can't wait to see you this weekend :)

Lindsey said...

Noah and Avrie are always pretending to baptize each other. They are also always pretending they are Samuel the Lamanite! Kids say the funniest things. Avrie was looking at your blog and recognized Carson, how weird is that?
By the way, that annonymous comment is a little creepy.

clintandmegtucker said...

Hey Cam, I saw your link on Camille's blog and decided to take a look. You have the most adorable family. Your kids are so cute. Sorry I have been bad at keeping in touch. Hopefully now we can. Check out my blog at clintandmegtucker.blogspot.com
Love ya, Megan Cranney Tucker

Ashley said...

Memories like going out and sleeping on a log?! Or taking pictures and then noticing that your pants were unbuttoned? hahahaha!!!! Sooo many funny memories!!
Why did we ever stop hanging out?!
By the way..I need your address.
Will you send it my way??

ToddandCamille said...

So I haven't heard anything about the reunion, are you going? call me 688-7993

amber-girl said...

Cami!! You are one crazy busy woman!! You are going to look back on these early years and cherish every moment!!! Until then...you probably feel like you could easily go crazy huh?!! :)

Hey, we are in Pocatello until Thursday evening, so I will give you a call. Maybe we could get together and do something fun! Some of Russ's fam is going with us to the mountains for some tin foil dinners and we just figured we might go repelling and do some small hikiing....if you would like to go, you are invited!!! We will go Wednesday early evening! Anyway, I will give you a call and we can chat!!!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a great time at camp! And Carson, what a funny boy. :D

fubug said...

I loved girls camp! me and my friend were going to draw on other girls faces in my cabin but as we got ready we were laughing and before we could start the leader in my cabin yelled at us because we were not in bed and told us to get in bed so we couldn't. And one of the camp rules was that we couldn't pull any pranks. darn it! Carson is such a silly boy. He is so funny!

Anonymous said...

not much longer now buddy and if I see you naked like that I will lube that sweet tight little bum, spread your cheeks and c-m deep in it

Anonymous said...

no need to wait he is ready they f--k good at that age