Thursday: We got there around 7:00pm. We sat and visited with Cole (my brother), and my family.
Friday: We went to 2 wedding receptions. James friend got married at Wheeler Farm, and then we went to my cousins reception that night. Oh... and James and I went to visit Melissa in between receptions. It was good to see her and her kids.
Saturday: We woke up at 4:30am to go fishing with James family in American Fork Canyon. The fish were jumping like crazy. Everyone caught 2, 3, or 4 fish. Oh...everyone but me. Nope. I caught nothin'! Apparently I'm a no-good fisherman. Oh well. Maybe next time. Carson had a lot of fun though.
On Saturday night, we went to my 5 year highschool reunion. There weren't as many people there as I was hoping, but we still had a lot of fun. I love to catch up with old friends! After the reunion, we went to a hotel (my aunt reserved us a room) with all of my Dad's side of the family. They were here for my brothers "homecoming" and it was fun to get together to visit. Many of them live in Vegas, and it was so good to see them all. The all stayed and played quarters, but we left early to get the kids home for bed, and play a little "Rock Band" with my brothers.
Sunday: Happy 4 years to James and I! This was our Anniversary!
We helped my mom get ready for the "Big Day" and then went to church at 1:00pm. Cole did such an awesome job speaking. I loved spending some time with him when we were home. After church we had all the family over for dinner. We spent the night eating and talking. James' family also came to listen to Cole speak, and Carson was SOOOOOOOO confused when he saw James' mom at my parents house afterwards. He kept asking her, "Why are YOU at Uncle Kyle's house???
Monday: My family took the kids to Hogle Zoo with my cousin and her kids, Jaxon and Brynlee. The kids had a blast. After the zoo, we went over to my neighbors house to let the kids swim. It was a very long day, but everyone had fun.
Tuesday: James and I went to Lagoon to celebrate our anniversary. Just the 2 of us. We had such a fun time. I'm much more brave as I've gotten older, that's for sure. Also, the rides feel completely different once you've had babies! The only thing I wouldn't go on was the Ferris Wheel. Being completely afraid of heights, this one was off limits for me! I actually love the fast, spinny rides, but James gets a little sick on them. James got a little sick after a few rides, and decided to take some motion sickness medicine, which made him VERY drousy! I decided to let him sit a couple of rides out, until the medicine kicked in, and this is when I hit the Scrambler, and the Tilt-o-Whirl by myself. (I think he was just glad I didn't bug him to go on them!) You know how you always watch the people who ride on the rides by themselves and think they look like idiots? Yep. That was me. And yes, I slid and leaned side to side on the Tilt-O-Whirl to get me to spin faster, and giggling to myself the whole time. Oh how I love not being in highschool, and caring what others think anymore! After my solo excursion, I woke a sleeping James from the bench between the two rides and we hit the lazy river in Lagoona-beach, until his medicine was totally kicked in. Once we left the waterpark, James felt fine the rest of the day. It was really SO MUCH FUN! After we left, we stopped for dinner and then went to Leatherbys for dessert. I wish we had one of those here. Well, maybe it's better that we don't!
While we were enjoying ourselves at Lagoon, James' family took Carson to the Dinasaur Museum in Lehi. He absolutely loved it!
Wednesday: I went to Lunch with my mom and aunt, and then we went to James house for a while before heading back to Idaho. It can get kind of hard to visit both families all week long, but we wouldn't want it any other way. We are so blessed to have 2 great families who do so much for us. We had a great time, and can't wait to go home again. Carson has been asking everyday to go back to Grandpa's house!
Here are a couple of pictures from the Zoo. This was the only place I brought my camera too. Oops!
Mr. Elephant here was cracking me up with his crossed legs!







12 comments:
Looks like you had a great week +.
I wish there was a zoo around here I would go crazy with the kids, I just love animals.
oh, guess what?! My other sister is expacting... TWINS!!! That will makes two sets of twins on my side of the family! Crazy huh?!?!
Happy Anniversary on Sunday! I'm so sorry I didn't wish you that when you were here:( 4 years and forever to go:) I'm so glad we were able to do some stuff together. It was so much fun and Jaxon just loves to play with Carson. I can't wait till you one day move closer.
HAHA!! Cam, I am laughing so hard picturing James passed out on a bench while you're laughing like a goon on the tilt-a-whirl. Ugh.. so funny.
Remember our agreement? You forget everything about my greasy haired goth appearance!
Lagoon alone with Ty sounds so fun! I love rides. And they most defintely ARE different after you've had babies!
So glad you had fun while you were here. Wish we could've fit in lunch somewhere but maybe next time :) It was so good to see you again and Hunter just loves Carson! They get along SO well. Cute little guys!
What a fun week! That was convenient that so much you'd want to attend fell on the same weekend - mission report, reunion, etc.
It's so good to get some time to yourself too. I'm glad you had a fun anniversary.
Ah cute pictures Cami
I think you only didn't catch fish cause you have talents in other things(with preparing the fishing hook) (: you know what im talking about.
Busy, busy! I have a week like that coming up. It stresses me out to have things that I have to to everyday, but it sounds like you had a good time.
Hey Cami,
What a FUN week, I love going on vacation! You are such a good sport to wake up at 4am to go fishing, I would have told them I'd meet up with them later.
Joe was upset that he missed Cole's talk, but said the food afterwards was GREAT!!! I wish the kids and I could have made it.
You guys were livin' it up that week! I'm glad you had so much fun together and with your families. :D
I didn't know there was a dinosaur park in Lehi, what's that one called? We always go to the one in Ogden.
oh fun looks like you all had fun next time call well all go! Id love to do lunch I had a ball last time!
Post a Comment