Thursday, August 21, 2008

How do the little piggy's eat?

I know most of you have probably seen "A Christmas Story", right? Well, if you don't know my kids very well, they are the WORST eaters. No....not picky....just so busy, they don't want to take the time to eat. Kenzie is better than Carson, at least if she's eating any meat. (I'm raising a carnivore!) ANYWAY, we've tried as many things as possible to get our kids to eat. Dinner is the most frustrating time of day to me, because I'm so tired by that point, and I just don't feel like fighting them on one more thing. So... back to "A Christmas Story", do you remember the part where the mom asks the little boy how the piggy's eat? I always thought that part was hillarious. "Who in the world", I would think to myself, "would actually WANT to create that kind of atmosphere at the DINNER TABLE?!" Well, I have nothing to hide. If it works, DO IT! Here's a few pictures to show you what I mean.



They probably ate better than they had in a week! Strange kids. Stranger parents.
So, I have ANOTHER little trip planned for tomorrow. We've had our share of fun this Summer, but it's still far from over. I am taking the Young Women in my ward to stay at a Cabin in Island Park tomorrow. I've done a lot of planning, but I think it will turn out great. Once James is in school, I'll be taking another trip down to Salt Lake to go with my family to Mesquite for our Family Reunion in September. James, like usual, won't be able to make it because of school and work. Some classes are easy to miss, but not his Pharmacy classes! I'm sure we'll have fun anyway. I'll catch up with you all later. Thanks for stopping by to read!

10 comments:

Erica Bazil said...

Hey, sometimes you've just got to do what works! We are still struggling with Cash's persistence in throwing his food when he's done instead of just telling us "all done" - so I end up mopping the floor like three times a day - frustrating! Any ideas?

Have fun in Island Park with the Young Women. How is that going anyway? I'm always amazed at all you take on and can accomplish so well.

Anonymous said...

What good little piggies you have! Hopfully they will grow out of it, Caleb did. Have fun with your busy yet fun end of summer plans!

Kim and Chet said...

What is the funniest is the dad's look he gives the mom and the kid...as he shudders. HAHAHA!!! I wish I could've seen that and if you played the part of the mother well as she laughed and encouraged the little guy :) Too Funny, but hey- whatever works right?

Melissa E Photography said...

Hey- whatever gets them to eat! I'm going to try that with Park.

(though this could be really embarrassing in public places...)

clintandmegtucker said...

Hey Cam, my kid is just the opposite. He'll eat whatever is put in front of him and often is begging for more. Your kids are so cute. I just glanced at your health blog and would really like to become involved if that is alright. I really could use the support! Let me know! love ya, Megan

Shareen said...

Those pictures are so cute. Meal time is supposed to be fun. That is what kids remember most. You are definitely making it fun for them. Good Job...again :)

Josh and Shalae said...

So funny! I say you do what you have to do. Sometimes it take them getting dirty. But I'm sure they loved it. Cute pictures

Ashley said...

I love that movie! But I love that you actually had your kids do that. Haha! So fun! Can I come over for dinner???

Shellie said...

Ok, as usual I am laughing out loud reading your blog. You are a genius! Obviously it works and the kids are good little piggies. Way to go mom!
Can't wait to see you in a week or two for Mesquite and Amy's shower.
Give the "piggies" a hug from grandma pig. I really am going to be more diligent with the healthy blog thing. If you haven't noticed, I haven't blogged for a while because I haven't been healthy for a while. It'll get better, I promise.
Have fun this weekend!
Love ya, mom

stephanie said...

I love it! Those are great pics - my kids usually look like that and they don't have to eat like piggies! Give us a call when you're in Mesquite - we can go swimming at my mom and dad's with the kiddos!