Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday


Happy Sunday everyone. I've had a great day today. A friend watched my kids at 7:30am this morning so I could go to ward council, since James was already there. We had a good meeting, and I found out a lot of people had moved in to my apartments, and were going to be in my ward. I decided that I wanted to make them some goodies or something, and take them over and introduce myself. Then, in Young Womens, the whole lesson was on Service. Mainly, service in the church (such as callings and stuff) but after that lesson I was REALLY excited to take over some treats and meet the new people and do a little service myself. After Kenzie napped in my arms through Young Womens, she was in a good mood, and made it all the way through Sunday school (except for a diaper change). She's only got 1 month before nursery and I'm SO excited!!! In Sunday school they lesson was on things I had just read in my own personal study the week before, so I was able to really understand the stories and feel the spirit. And last but not least, ....I didn't have to take EITHER child out of Sacrament meeting...AGAIN! Two weeks in a row! WAHOO! It was so nice to feel the spirit in church and get something out of being there. Since I've had kids I've learned that I have taken so many things for granted, like listening to speakers in Sacrament meeting, or attending Sunday school. Carson is starting to do really well in Church for the most part, which I'm excited about. He will be going to Primary in 4 months and I can't believe it! All in all we had a good day. I wasn't so sure it was going to be that way since McKenzie was up for the day at 5:03AM! UGH! Anyway,my kids are napping now and I'm thinking it sounds like a good idea. I'm exhausted from our little weekend trip to Island Park. The girls had a lot of fun, and so did we. It was really nice to have James there too. However, I'm pretty sure I would've stayed much dryer on our little river run. had he not been there. I think he dunked me at least 10 times in the 52 degree water! (along with a few others that thought it would be hillarious to get me wet). The girls seemed to get a kick out of it though. I guess it's my duty as the leader to be the good sport so everyone else could be entertained. I actually tried to take out the Bishop on the raft once, but completely failed. Oh well. It was fun anyway. We even saw a wild moose standing in the river as we floated by. Probably only 15 feet away. That was cool.

Okay, if I don't end now, I really won't get my Sunday nap. Now that I'm done reading Breaking Dawn, I can force myself to nap again. Those books are addicting, and since I try to only read when my kids are asleep, nap time was not a time for me to catch up on sleep! I just got The Host, and I'll start that this week sometime. I'll let you know what I think about it. Have a good rest of the day!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey! So I've decided to make my blog private...So send me your email address so I can invite you to look at it.

Kim and Chet said...

Okay so how did you like Breaking Dawn? We are having a girl's night out when the movie comes out and we're ALL going to see it...you have to come down here for that! (you know you want to!)

Melissa E Photography said...

ah, don't you love those Sundays? When you can actually remember WHO spoke and what they spoke about? You sound so great Cam!

Tori Price said...

Cami I love your blog, I read it almost every day and i'm so glad you update it so often. I miss you guys and i even miss pocatello. That was honestly the best ward we've ever been in. Next time you guys are in utah and don't have so much going on with family you'll have to let me know because I would love to see you guys. I can't believe how big your kids are getting too! They are both still so cute! I hope the rest of your week is as good as your sunday was!

Anonymous said...

GLad that you had a good Sunday!
Sounds like you had a great weekend trip. do you have some nice new nieghbors? what did you take them? cookies?

amber-girl said...

It is so fun to read your blog...I always leave wanting to be better! You are gong to LOVE the Twilight series! I finished the last book a few weeks ago...the whole time i was reading them, all I dreamed about were vampires and such!!!

PS-we are in Pocatello again for two weeks! We should get together! Are you going to the fair? We also are going camping Friday until saturday....you guys should try and come!!! I will call you, I promise!

Michelle said...

That's great your Sundays are getting better! I love when I can actually hear a lesson/talk. And Kenzie almost 18 months old! Wow, has time flown by. :)

I'm so glad you liked Breaking Dawn. Let me know how you like The Host!

Erica Bazil said...

What a nice Sunday. They can be so exhausting with young kids huh? So I'm glad yours went well.

After reading yours and Sydney's blog it really sounds like you had a good time on your YW retreat. Did the girls respond well - hope so. I'm sure you had a blast planned for them.

Mary Clark said...

im glad you had a great sunday and was able to listen to the speakers and that your kids were well behaved. We'll take those sundays any day