
I can't get Kenz to give me a normal smile very often. This is her "cheeser".
I went shopping for some Fall clothes for my kids yesterday, and it was SO FRUSTRATING! Not only because I was trying to entertain them both while I shopped, but because my kids don't fit into ANYTHING!!! Kenzie is tall enough, but nothing stays up around her middle, and hardly any pants her size have belt loops! Carson has the same problem, but at least I can find pants that he can wear a belt with! Anyway- if my kids look funny in all their clothes, that is why!
So, I taped Carson on my camera this morning, saying (or rather singing) a few of the things we have been working on in "School" this past week. Carson has an amazing memory, but does even better when I put things to music. So....not the most exciting tunes, but it works. Sorry that he's sideways, and it's a little dark. I didn't want to take the time and record it all again upright and with better lighting. Deal with it.
PS: This may be a good time to mute my songs on my playlist!
Birthday:
His answer was cut off by my camera, but what he answered was, "I don't know. Maybe a mouse." Wierd kid. I don't know where he comes from.
Address: (we're still working on the zip code.)
Months of the year: (the end says, "the last month of the year...December" In case you can't understand him.)
Days of the Week:
A couple weeks ago his nursery leader asked the kids in class if they remembered the song they had been working on (which was I am a child of God), and Carson quickly raised his hand in class saying he knew the answer. However, instead of saying "I am a child of God", he bursted out singing this...
So, I've decided that I love helping out friends. Babysiting, that is. Right now I'm watching my neighbors girls, and this afternoon I am going to watch another friends 2 little kids. Why do I love this, you ask? No... I'm really not that generous. It's more of a selfish thing. I don't have any family close by, so I am ALWAYS in need of friends to help me out...especially with the kids. When I get the chance to help them, it makes me feel less guilty when I have to ask them for help! Really pretty selfish, I know. But, ya do what ya can!
8 comments:
Oh cute and you are so creative.
I am glad that you were able to teach him all that. My kids don't give me the time of day when I try to actually teach them stuff, I have to be pretty sneaky about stuff like that.
I totally agree with you about being selfish. I think I have been doing the same thing. I told Rob that if He wanted me to keep my sanity then I need a date night once aweek or so and so I really do need to find a babysitter. I had better start taking care of more nieghbors kids!
have a great weekend!
Can I just say that you are my idol in more than one way?!! First off....you ran in the Pocatello marathon, you care enough to actually do what you plan to, you sing like an angel, you are so friendly and always smile and laugh....and you are doing such a wonderful job with your kids! You are my inspiration....no pressure or anything!! Someday...when our husbands are done with school...will you be my neighbor? he he!
Aww..so cute! You're right, he totally looks like your brother! Oh, and I totally don't know who he gets his randomness from......AHEM....remember when you were "directing a deaf person how to sing" through my grandparent's screen door? Enough said.
They are so cute. I know what you mean about finding pants that fit. Shalae was still wearing 12 month shorts when she was 4. Why do you think everything she owned was stretch pants. haha. Great job with Carson. He sounds so cute :)
I love your ideas for "school". I need to be better at that for Cash. Like I've said a million times...you're inspiring!
I've always been so impressed with Carson and the things he knows and remembers and says. Is Kenzie the same way? I'm sure it's because they have a great mom to teach them so much. Your kids are adorable!
We miss you. By the way, I am planning on coming down to visit my family (I have a grandpa's 75th b-day and a grandma's 90th b-day party to go to in the same weekend) the second weekend of October and staying a few days afterwards. I thought maybe I could take you and Sydney out to lunch somewhere. I'll have to touch base with her. I'll give you more details when I get them worked out too. I hope it works out - I'd love to see you guys if you're going to be around.
Cute! you are such a good mom, Cami! I really need to do so much better with Hunter. I was great with the others about teaching them things like that but I've gotten a little slack with this last one! haha. He's also a bit "harder" to teach. He likes to play and his attention span isn't as great as the others :) Good Job! Oh, and I was thinking the same thing about Carson looking more like Taylor the older he gets!
what a smart little cookie! Good job mommy! Our kids know that address pretty well too. So wierd to think that is not ours anymore. Even if their clothes dont fit well they still look adorable. I love the picture with them in James' socks. We miss you guys and have fun
The kids look darling and remember, you weren't very big yourself. You didn't wear a pair of snap in the front pants until you were in the 4th grade because you were so skinny. One word----Elastic!
Carson is a little recorder. Do you remember me teaching Taylor the first article of faith when he was 3 in primary and you learned it before he did because you were listening to him practice? Kenzie is going to be just as smart because she is watching. (She is also watching the other stuff you don't want her to learn either) It's a double edged sword.
Post a Comment