Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who's next?

Doesn't this guy's face say it all?

So, we've had a rough few days. On Sunday afternoon, James was working, and I took the kids outside for a while after church. The kids played for an hour or so, and then we headed home to fix some dinner. When we reached the porch, my neighbor stuck her head out the door to ask me a question. While we were chatting for a second, Kenzie starting vomiting ALL over the porch! I felt so bad for her. Her poor little face looked scared to death. Anyway, I put her in the tub, and cleaned off the porch, and she acted fine the rest of the night.

This morning, we woke up happy and content. James left for school, I exercised, did some chores, and took the kids to meet a friend at the Mall to play on the toys. After the mall, we decided to run a few errands. The last stop was to Fred Meyer. I wanted to check out the Karaoke cd's because I desperately need some new music for my students to sing! Anyway, Carson kept complaining that his back hurt, and I figured he twisted it, while jumping off the toys at the Mall. He started to whine some more, so I picked him up, out of the cart, and that's when he puked all over the cd's! I was humiliated and put him back in the cart so I could try to get some help cleaning up. The workers just looked at me, and went on doing whatever they were doing. I finally got a little annoyed, and asked if someone could bring me a towel or something, as I waited there in the vomit. One lady finally brought me some alcohol wipes, and some paper towel. She grabbed a mop and started to clean the floor, while I disinfected the cd's. I was so embarassed and kept apologizing. (I was hoping she would tell me just to take my sick kid and go home, but instead she let me sanitize all the cd's, while Carson, very pale, and tired, waited for me in the cart with Kenzie. 20 minutes later, I finished cleaning up the mess, and left Fred Meyer. As we were pulling into our apartments, I could tell Cars- was going to spew again. I ran him and Kenzie up the stairs to our house, when....for some odd reason.... I'm locked out of my house! Needless to say, Carson also puked on my porch. (Luckily he was at least able to make it into the garbage that's on my porch for dirty diapers!) So...no what to do? Carson decides to lay down on the welcome mat, Kenzie sits close by to eat a snack, and I pull out the cell phone to call someone to help! I was locked out because a maintenance lady had come to my house while I was out, and decided to dead bolt my door when she left. However, I don't have a house key at the moment, since my darling little girl lost my keys about a month ago! Luckily, my sweet neighbor let us hang out in her house for the maintenance lady to come and let us back in. As soon as we opened the door, Carson was at it again. Poor kid! He just kept complaining about his back hurting. He couldn't keep anything down. He kept asking me if he was throwing up because he ate too much candy!

After I finally got both kids to sleep, I called all my lessons that I was suppose to teach today, to cancel them. While I was reading my physical science book, (Don't laugh. I refuse to be one of those mom's who can't even help their own kids with their homework! I'm gonna be a genious pretty soon...just you wait!)anyway, while I was learning about acceleration and velocity, James shows up 3 hours early from school! I hear him come in and I immediately meet him at the door to tell him about my day, and hopefully get some sympathy! This is when James barrels it down the hallway, into the bathroom, and starts puking, himself. UGH!!! I feel so bad for them all.....and....I'm so scared that I'll be next! The flu has been going around lately, but I think it's only been a 24 hour thing....I hope! One of my students Dad and sister had it today, and my friends both had it last week, and so I'm pretty sure it's just a bug going around. James says he is just so achey! I feel so helpless! Poor family.

Anyway- wasn't that a positive post? Hope your day was better than mine!

7 comments:

The Nelsons said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry. One of our friends has a blog post that is about the flu today too. I hope you guys feel better. Please let us know if there is there is anything we can do.

Shellie said...

Oh what a horrible day! I felt bad when you told me about Kenzie, but the Store thing was too much. People can really be jerks sometimes can't they?
I hope James is feeling better and you don't get it. He is usually the one that escapes that stuff isn't he?
Well hopefully all is better. Love ya all and hope you get past it.

Emily said...

Wow! That's crazy. I'm sorry about the CD thing. I think you should have just left and called it job security for one of the Fred Meyer workers! Yes, Tyann is doing Joy School. Its a lot of fun for her.

Anonymous said...

Hope tomorrow will be a better day for all of you. I just hate it when sharing is involved with sickness, it really is no fun at all. It is always the worst for the Mom too. Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Kim and Chet said...

Oh, I am so sorry your family is so sick. That's hard, especially on the kids. About the public place vomiting...I can SO relate thanks to my acid reflux boy (who still has his incidences sometimes!) Not fun at all. Hope you make it through without catching it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like they were poisoned by their mother. The only one not sick. Coincidence? I think not.

Good luck! I love you all and hope everyone feels better

Mer said...

I feel you!1 I had that experience with Brayden in Lowes. Not one person stopped and helped me either. Luckily I didn't have anything in the cart but it was all over the cart and the floor. Finally I left and told the employee as I walked out the door where the mess was and I was sorry.