Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We're Back!

Well, we're back from our trip. We had a blast and did lots of stuff. Even though we missed James, (he stayed back to go to class, and work....LAME!) it was nice to enjoy some hot weather with my family, before the cold really sets in! We got to Utah Thursday night, and went to dinner with James' family for "uncle Karl's" birthday. It was fun to see Karl for his birthday. We get along really well, and we have a lot of fun together. Too bad James couldn't make it! This picture is a little old, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARL!!! (Karl always claims that I never talk about him in any of my posts...so here ya go...you even got a picture!) After dinner, I helped my mom throw my friend, Amy, a wedding "ward" shower. We had a lot of fun. I can't wait to go back in October for the wedding!!!

Here are a couple of pictures that I took in Mesquite. I actually only had my camera out one day. The rest of the time, I always forgot I had it. Oops!

Here are the kids at the pool.



The kids LOVE Aunt Joy!!! But then again...who doesn't???


I think we're missing 1 of the "3 Amigos" somewhere. My dad and Uncle Bevin decided they didn't want their balding heads to get sunburned, and this was the best idea they could come up with. Go figure. Yes, these are the kids' inflatable tubes to swim with. Ever heard of sunscreen???



I tried to get a picture of my mom laying out, and she threatened to kill me. So... I decided to get one of my brother, Taylor, instead. He didn't even put up a fight... which is not nearly as fun!


The kids did reallywell during the long drives. I was impressed with how well Carson really can entertain himself! Give the kid an animal, and he'll sing to himself and play with it for hours!!!
The reunion was so much fun. I love to visit family and see everybody. I got to talk to a lot of people that I don't see very much, and I loved it! Maybe next year, James can figure out a way to come! I think some of my family might think we're having marital problems, since they've only seen James at Mesquite the first year we were married!
Thanks mom and dad for everything this weekend! We really had a lot of fun!
We got back home last night, and the kids were really excited to see their dad and toys again. James noticed that Kenzie was saying a lot of new words since we left last week. It's crazy how fast they grow up! Carson wouldn't let James put him down for 2 minutes. I decided to take advantage of this, and let James get the kids ready for bed, while I made us some scones.
Today was back to the regular routine. Cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry. I hate the few days after a trip! It takes so much work to catch back up again!
This morning when I was cleaning up, Carson and Kenzie found some of James' socks. They decided that wearing them around the house would be hillarious. The littlest things entertain them! Anyway, they walked around in them for about 30 minutes before I made them take them off and take a bath! They look like orphans in this picture, but still pretty cute!

9 comments:

Shareen said...

It looks like you had a great time. The pics of the kids are adorable, as usual :) I wish we could have seen you before you went back. Maybe next time.

Kim and Chet said...

Cute pics. Looks like you had fun. K, in that pic of your Dad and Bevin you REALLY can't tell them apart with those things on their heads. WHat a funny picture! Glad we got to see you for a few minutes before you left ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evie B. said...

I'm with Kim - your dad and Bevin look identical in that pic - it took me a second look to figure out who was who. :)

And, the kids are darling. Wish we could have seen you when you were here!

Anonymous said...

I really like the first pic for obvious reasons

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a ton of FUN!! How much more school does James have? I also hate the comeing home work that you have to do, Sometimes it is so bad That I wonder if it was worth it to go but of course it is nice to go on vacation. What was Jame doing he should of at least had the grocery shopping done!

Anonymous said...

Oh yea how fun! soulds like you guys had a ball what a STUD! Taylor my man!

Mer said...

I agree it was a fun weekend. It was so good to see you guys. I love that picture of your dad and Uncle Bevin. I was up in my room napping with Jaxon when they all got back from golfing.:-)

Johnson's said...

Hey is that hottie single?......not Taylor Carson!!!