So, now that the seasons are changing, I decided I need to do some changing too. There have been a lot of things I have wanted to do lately, but I haven't organized my time well enough to do them all. So, starting last week, I made a list in my journal of all of my "ambitions" or goals that I want to accomplish. I am trying to wake up around 6:30am instead of 7:30am, because even the extra hour lets me accomplish so much more. Here are the top 10 things that I am working on...
1- Keeping my house clean. Deep cleaning 2-3 times a week.
2- Making more GOOD, HEALTHY, meals for my family.
3- Reading the scriptures 30 minutes a day, instead of just a chapter a day. Continue reading scriptures with my kids everynight, even if it only takes 4 minutes!
4-Practicing my singing everyday.....teaching lessons does not count! I really want to work more on improving my talents. I think it's important for my kids to see me practice also. It shows them that it's important to improve the talents that Heavenly Father gave us. My kids really love to sing with the microphone, while I'm practicing. (especially Kenzie!) Carson has even started asking me to teach him lessons. (He sees all the little girls I teach, and always wants a turn.) Sometimes after my lessons, I let him come sit on the chair by my keyboard, and I do some warm-ups with him. He feels so big and important when we do this!
5- Playing more with my kids. Like, "getting down on the floor" type of playing. Dad's are always good at this, and I need to do better.
6- Having school with McKenzie and Carson SEPARATELY everyday. I usually do pretty good with Carson, but tend to leave Kenzie out when I focus on "school". So, this past week with McKenzie we played with puzzles, worked on counting toys as we put them in a bucket, learned to recognize different colors, practiced animal sounds, body parts, sang songs, read books, etc. With Carson this past week we worked on counting, differentiating between coins (penny, nickel, dime, quarter), we practiced the days of the week, learned the 4 seasons, worked on the 12 months of the year, practiced left and right, worked with scissors, drew straight lines and circles, worked on learning each letter, and worked on the "Short" vowel sounds. I love having school with my kids because it gives me one on one time with them, while we are doing something productive. Besides, it's Carson's favorite time of day, and he begs me to play school with him from the moment he wakes up until we do it!
7- Learn more. This sounds wierd, but with school starting, I have this strange desire to work on my own education. I've tried to set aside some time when my kids are napping to study everyday. I have a few old text books, and I ordered a couple of books off of Ebay to get me going. I'm trying to focus on Science, History, and politics right now, since I feel like I struggle in these areas the most. I don't want to go back to school, but I do want to learn, and this is a good time to start for me, I guess.
8- Be more domestic. So, yesterday I decided that I should make something for the Auction that we have at my family reunion every year. (Mind you, I rarely make anything, and I had to get out my sewing machine manual just to remind me how to wind the bobbin!) Anyway, I had heard somewhere that you could make aprons out of kitchen dish-towels. So.... I decided to head over to the store, buy some towels, and give it a whirl. I googled it for some basic directions, and then made up the rest myself. Anyway, it's not real fancy, but I think they turned out pretty cute! Here's one set that I made. I did 2 adult aprons and 2 child aprons for the action.


( I babysit my neighbors two little girls on Wednesday mornings, when she's in class, and so I had the little 4 year old take the picture of us! She did a pretty good job, huh? We had to practice a couple of times, because she kept cutting my head off. Oh how I love Digital cameras!!!)
9- Keep exercising 6 days a week, and eating good. I've done really well this past month (minus the state fair last night!), and I don't want to loose this motivation! I feel so much better when I do good with working out, and eating right, so I think that should be motivation enough, right?
10- Learn to play the piano. I don't really need lessons, because I know the basics... I just need to practice! (and I piano would be nice!... I guess my keyboard will have to do.) I really enjoy playing the piano, and I want to get better, so I can plunk out some hymns if I ever have to! This, however, is on the tail end of my list, and it's something I'll do in my spare time.... if I ever have spare time with all of my new goals!!!
Really, this past week, I have been doing really well with my new goals, but by the time I climb into bed at ...um....9:30pm (I know, I know, we're kind of lame!), I am asleep before my little head hits the pillow! A lot of times I take naps when my kids do, and then I have plenty of energy at night to read and stuff, but I decided that I should quit napping, and use the time my kids are asleep to do some more productive things. But I tell ya, I'm exhausted! I guess it's a good thing to be busy though, right? James has always been my example with this. He is always busy, and yet, ALWAYS happy! He hates wasting time, and I admire this about him. If he can do it... I CAN TO!
17 comments:
Good for You!! I think of all the things that I should be doing or want to do and that is all that gets done-- just the thinking about it.
Let me know how you do and I will certinly start doing better with me, you have inspired me to do better.
You go girl! Just reading this post has motivated me to do/be better. You are an inspiration! LOVE the aprons, by the way!
You are so inspiring! I love that you have school with your kids. I've been wanting to set aside time with Logan to do that, but didn't have any ideas. You're a genius!
You are a great example to keep improving yourself. I love the fall because I always get those same feelings of wanting to manage my time better and do something productive. Good for you, but remember the scripture-don't run faster than you have strength for. I've always had problems with that but it catches up to you. Do what you can and be happy that you are doing something. I need to start practicing the piano again too.
The aprons are adorable and what cute models. I think you should model them with Carson in Mesquite. I want one by the way!
Love ya and drive careful tomorrow.
Okay, after reading your ambitions.... I need a nap. haha
Such cute aprons too. Good luck with everything. When I grow up I want to be just like you :)
Those are great ambitions Cami! I really think I need to be better at a lot of those things too. I just lack the motivation to do it...haha :) I love the aprons! They are so cute and you are such a great mom! I used to do the "school" thing too besides paying for preschool but I have really slacked off with Hunter. I've really got to be better! Good job and good luck with it all.
Good goals, I could use all of those in my life. Let me know how they go
Your aprons are so cute! And you are so motivated, if I did half as much as you do I would feel so much better! I don't know how you do it, especially with 2 kids! Your the best Cami!
CAMI CAMI CAMI CAMI!!!!! I totally found you. Your family is so adorable! You are so gorgeous as usual and it sounds like you're keeping busy! I have a blog too...www.brananddan.blogspot.com
Hopefully we can keep in better touch this way!
Way to go Cami! I love your list and I admire you for working as hard as you do on, well, everything!
The aprons turned out so cute! I'm still amazed at how fast you did them. I bet my daughter loved playing with your camera! That's a pretty cute shot. :D
Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard remembering that pig!! What was that all about? hahaha. I remember feeling so bad when we tricked you with that laser light with Tamara and her old boyfriend...you thought you were going blind! Definitely let's get together ...mine is 8019105369 so call next time you're in Utah! Right now I'm finishing my last year of graduate school at the U studying Architecture and working in a firm...I love it! Once I graduate we can't wait to start having kids!
You never stop! Thats good you have so many goals to accomplish. I however dont know where to start. Have fun teaching your kids "school" I bet you are the best teacher. The aprons are so adorable, better than store bought. You are so creative good job.
You sound like me with my New Year's Resolutions. I always write a bunch down and rarely achieve them all - that's the difference between us - you WILL achieve all you've written I have no doubt. You are ambitious and I think it's awesome!
Oooo...the only dip that I use is the one that my mom used since we were little and people either love it or hate it - so here it is: fresh squeezed lemons, a touch of vegetable oil and salt. Pretty much just eyeball everything and taste it until it's to your liking. Not too much oil - I love sour stuff so I love it! So where do you live anyway? From comments I've figured out somewhere in Idaho? Yeah, school is fun, but I've been going FOREVER now, I'll be so happy when I can say I don't have to go back ever again :) Brandon says Hi back!
Hey I forgot to tell you that I told Jen Nash she needs to get a blog so you have to bug her until she finally does!
Oh man! I don't know where we'll end up. We both really love the West coast...especially the Portland area. My brothers both live in Oregon now so it'd be cool to live close but then we leave other family behind! Hard decision. We'll take it as it comes I guess!
wow go you! I need to do all those too. Deep cleaning? Have I done that ever?
Post a Comment