Saturday, August 30, 2008

I DID IT!

So, yesterday I ran my race! I had a blast! (Who would've thought I would have ever had a blast running?!) The 5k started at 9:30, which was the main thing I was concerned about, because it was SO HOT!!! (At least the last 1/2 mile was all shaded!) Anyway, my friend and I had a big "carb" filled dinner the night before the race, to help get us ready and full of energy! I think it worked. I ran the race in 30 minutes, which was my goal from the very beginning when I was running it in 37 minutes! I came in 5th out of 11, in my age category, and 72 out of 196 or something, overall. Not to bad. I definately wasn't the fastest, but I wasn't the slowest person out there either! I ran the whole way, without walking, and I was proud of myself, to say the least! It was so fun to set a goal, a challenging one, and reach it! Thankyou to everyone who helped! Friends who ran with me, family and friends who wished me luck, friends who watched,etc! Here are a few pictures of me in my glory. Mind you- I did just run 3.1 miles in HOT, HOT weather, so I may look a little nasty!


Me and my lucky number 985, and my medal! (They also gave me the shirt, a duffle bag, a bag of potatoes...um..hello?...we are in Idaho!, and some other little things, here and their. )


Here I come. Sorry- I don't think James understands how to use the zoom on the camera. Oh well. I probably don't want you to see me up close anyway! You can click on the picture to get a better look though.... if you dare!

There I go!


James and the kids waited on the side lines to chear me on. It was so nice to see them when I felt like I couldn't go on. They really gave me the boost I needed to finish strong! I love my family!
After the race, they had some fun things to do at the park. Free food, bouncy toys for the kids, clowns, etc. James left soon after the race to go to work, and I hung out with my friends and kids. It was a pretty fun experience!


So, McKenzie went to nursery today for the first time, and LOVED IT! I was so glad that she went so willingly, and seemed to do really well. It was nice to have Carson there with her to help ease the transition, for her.
I was just asked to do a 30 minute program, by myself, for a community senior citizen thing on Wednesday. It's a good thing I've been practicing lately, because the lady only asked me yesterday. I'm just glad to be using my talents though. I have my show all put together and i'm excited to do it. I have some older songs, and a few country songs that I'm planning on doing. I'll let ya know how it goes!

19 comments:

Emily said...

That is amazing. I don't think that I could do that. Congratulations on setting a goal and achieving it! That's awesome. Good luck on your program. What place is it at? I'd like to come and listen! :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I think that is wonderful that you are able to go and run, that is one thing that I really need to, should work on. I can't very far before I just start to feel sick. (and then do usuaully throw-up)
I'm glad that Kenzie did great in Nursery, that is always nice when they like it there.
Hope your thing on Wed. goes well, let me know.

Shareen said...

HOORAY FOR YOU!!! That is so awesome. What a great example you are to your young women about setting and achieving goals. You should be so proud of yourself. I was thinking about you Saturday morning knowing you were running. Congrats on a job very well done!
Also good luck on Wed. I know you will be awesome. I wish we lived closer so I could come and watch. I miss watching you sing.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Cami! What an amazing accomplishment. I'm so proud of you. WAHOO!!!!

Kim and Chet said...

That is SOOO awesome, Cami! Way to set a goal and accomplish it. Especially one that is hard to do. I admire your diligence and self discipline! You are AWESOME and I am so proud of you! WAY TO GO!!!! Good luck on Wed. and be sure and stop in and say Hi before you go back to Id. this weekend :)

ToddandCamille said...

That's so awesome, congrats to you! I wish I could run a race, I just can't stand running, kudos to you!

Michelle said...

Cami, you were AWESOME! And your pictures are too cute. I am so proud of you for reaching your goal! Thanks for running with me all summer. Maybe we can do it again. :)

Yay for MacKenzie doing so well in nursery! My youngest still has problems, so count your blessings, lol!

THE HANSEN'S said...

way to go miss cami i enjoy running when you are going for something like a race! keep it up you look great. I cant wait to get back into it

The Nelsons said...

Way to go, Cami! Good job on the race. That is really neat. And Congratulations on turning McKenzie over to nursery. Good day, aye? And a show? Wow. Do you see how I don't know how you do it all? Wow! I hope your recital was good to. I was so sad to miss it.

Gunner said...

Congrats Cami! I hate running, so that is a great accomplishment! BTW, in that one picture of you showing off your number and medal, is that lady behind you on the ground nursing her kid? haha

Josh and Shalae said...

Congrats!!!I truly admire you. I hope that one day I have that kind of diligence. Man you're awesome. Can't wait to see you this weekend:)

Kim and Chet said...

haha..yes, Gunner would be Uncle Chet. Good Guess even though that one's not hard to figure out by the name. haha

Felicia said...

Congrats! That's so great. Joseph and I have started swimming. We'll see how that goes. :) I will be seeing you this weekend!

Tracey said...

Cami,
You are the WOMAN!!!! I am so impressed, I would have died. You look absolutely gorgeous out there running. See ya in a few days.

Erica Bazil said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again-you're amazing! Congratulations on finishing your race and finishing well too. I'm sure you feel so good at accomplishing such a feat!

Won't it be nice for you to enjoy your lessons etc. on Sunday now with Kenzie in Nursery. I'm glad it went so well Sunday!

Evie B. said...

Great Job!

Mer said...

You are great! I need to get som motivation from you.I hope you guys are coming this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Melissa E Photography said...

YAAAAY! You are so amazing! You look great and you're motivating me to get my rear in gear!

Shellie said...

I am so proud of you, way to go!!!
What a great accomplishment. You look darling before and after the race, and it didn't even look like you were running like a girl.
You are amazing and I am so proud to be your mom.
You motivate me!!