Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rock-N-Roll

The other night, we had our ward Halloween party. The kids dressed up as Elvis, and a fifties girl, or "Elvis' girlfriend" (as Carson thinks.) Carson was singing, "Ain't Nothin' but a houndog" all day, and everyone who gave him a piece of candy for the trunk-or-treat he would say, "Thank-you. Thank you very much."

Here is Kenzie in her little sponge curlers getting ready to get dressed up. The first time we did the curlers, it was WAY TOO TIGHT, and she had a pretty funny hairdo, but this time, we kind of got it right. It looked pretty cute. (Even though it's hard to tell in the pictures.)





Now....if you are wondering what James and I are dressed up as, you probably won't get it, unless you are in our ward. We are dressed up as the Barelas. (A family in our ward that has eight kids. ) Tanya, always teases me about ending up like them if we keep having kids at this rate. It was kind of a double meaning, since I AM pregnant again. This is how we told the ward. However, I'm not THIS pregnant, but actually fooled a few people. Tony Barela is a hispanic guy, and use to be our Bishop. The whole ward has alway joked around with him about being mexican. He's a great sport. So.... we played it up with James.....hence the sombrero and maracas. The signs say, "Tanya Barela....15 years earlier." Tony Barela....15 years earlier." The next day at Church, Tony kept calling me sweetheart. It was pretty funny.

So, I guess I've kind of slacked with the blogging lately. I have actually been checking all of yours, but not had much time to comment. Sorry. I've been feeling really crappy lately, and I'll use that as my number one excuse. My second excuse is I've been really busy too. I'm pretty stressed with Young Women's in Excellence which is in one week, and also a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser that I'm in charge of putting on for the ward 2 days after YW in Exc! Ahhh.. I don't even feel like I have the energy to do my own laundry. I'm so blasted tired all the time! How am I ever going to pull it all off? Delegate? Good thinkin'!
Anyway, not much exciting has really been going on. Carson did have his first sleepover with his little friend, Brooklynn, the other night. I'll post pictures later. He slept over at her house, and had a blast. He didn't go to sleep until 11:00pm, and was a little hyper, (from what I'm told), but what do you expect? He actually did pretty well for the most part. Cute little guy is growing up too fast!



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little kiddles look so cute! Great ideas for your costumes!

Anonymous said...

sleep over with girls? My oh my how times have changed.

Lindsay said...

Those are darling Halloween costumes! Nice job Martha! I'm so excited for you guys and I hope you are feeling okay Cam!

Shareen said...

Carson's costume made me laugh out loud. He doesn't even look like himself. Kenzie is pretty darn cute too. I hope you get feeling better. I guess only time will take care of that. I'm sure all will go well with whatever you are planning. Just look at the bright side of things. You could be teaching gospel doctrine like your mother. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Tanya and Tony? I am just laughing and laughing I can't wait to show Rob that picture!!
Your Kids are very cute I love that Idea!
Hope that you start feeling better soon!!

Melissa E Photography said...

Cute, cute costumes. I LOVE them.

Amy S said...

I loved that you guys dressed as the Barelas! What a fun idea and I bet they got a big kick out of it. Congratulations on number three. How exciting. How far along are you? Sounds like everything is going well. I love reading your blog.

Michelle said...

Yours and James' costumes was so funny! I'm still cracking up over them! Your kids were pretty darn cute too. Thanks for inviting us to go to your ward party. We're still in discussion. ;)

Let me know if you want me to babysit so you can get your HUGE to-do list done sooner. I'd love to help.

Shellie said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing my head off over Carson's costume. What a funny little kid. Kenzie looks like a doll and in that picture she looks like she's really his girl.
I wish you could be here for Halloween but those pictures are worth a mint.
Thanks for sending and try to slow down if you can. You're going to burn yourself out before you hit 25
Tell Gonzales that he looked very authentic.

Britton and Aubrey said...

Hey Cam! I love your Halloween costumes...very creative! I can't believe you are pregnant again. You are such a great mom and you have the cutest kids. Oh...my sisters makes those blocks and sales them for $6. If you would like her to make you some then she can. I hope you and your family has a Happy Halloween tomorrow!

Rolyndia said...

You two little ones are adorable.

Tori Price said...

Haha! I love your guys's costumes! And your kids are so cute and I swear they get bigger everytime you post new pictures. I hope you guys had fun!

fubug said...

Okay, How stinkin cute are they?! I love it!!! haha. Good job on the costume's mom.

Hope you get feeling better soon. I am starting to get the constant lower back aches as well as the "pulled ligament" pains...UGH!!! I'm trying to take advantage and enjoy as much as I can :) Good luck with everything. I'm sure it will turn out great!

Erica Bazil said...

You were so creative with the costume ideas. That's hilarious! And the kids were so cute! Did you dye Carson's hair again or is getting that dark? Anyway, I commented on your other blog that I'm so excited you're pregnant. That's awesome - I hope you get feeling better soon. So when are you due - do you think you're having a boy or girl? Are you going to the same dr.? Good luck with everything. I hope you get as much help from everyone as you give to them. I wish I was there to help you out the way you did me!

Josh and Shalae said...

Those costumes are darling! I love Kenzie's hair. But most of all I think Mr. Elvis is the cutest Elvis I have ever seen! I love the side burns:) That is such a cute idea for Halloween. You are ver creative:)

Jill Chatterley said...

I LOVE it! Thank you, thank you very much!