Monday, October 20, 2008

What a day

So, I had my "official" day off, this past Saturday. We had so much fun. My friend Kristin, and Sydney were able to convince their husbands and families that they should come with me, and I am so glad! We headed off to Idaho Falls around 10:00am and had the whole day planned out. We went to the temple, (this is the closest one to us) we went to Jonny Carino's for lunch, and we did a TON of shopping! Isn't it great to have good friends? One second we're at the temple, and the next we were getting fitted for bra's at Victoria Secret. Gotta love girls! By the way, I'm LOVING the one I got. I've never really had a good bra before, and boy...I never knew what I was missing! Too much info? Sorry. I do that sometimes.

We also hit Kohl's, the mall and Old Navy. I got 4 shirts for $10.00! Love the clearance racks!

Anyway, here we are eating lunch. It was delicious! Thanks for the suggestion Kristin!

(left to right: Sydney, Me, Kristin)


Here is the Idaho Falls Temple. What a beautiful place. I've really always taken for granted how close I've always lived to the temple. It's sad really. I'm only 45 minutes away now, but compared to how I grew up, (I could see the Jordan River Temple from my house!) it doesn't seem so close!

Here are the "falls" of Idaho Falls One goose totally fell off the fall when we were watching. Pretty funny.






Anyway, thanks again girls for going with me. I had a lot of fun, and hopefully we can do it again soon. I'm always up for more shopping! Sydney? Just Kidding. I'm sure you'll be done shopping for quite awhile after going with Kristin and I!
I also want to thank my amazing husband. How sweet to suggest a day off for me. You mean more to me than you'll ever know!

11 comments:

julie said...

ooh lucky you! And congratulations on a good bra! The only problem is you'll never be able to go back. $$$ :) (Actually, Target sells some awesome ones for cheap...anyway!!!) So glad you got a day off! My turn!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! I just wish I could be around. Oh well I love spending time with family and I know tha tif I would have gone alday I probably wouldn't have had much fun cause my mind would have been worring about the kids at home the whole time, that is just how I am.

Kim and Chet said...

Sounds SO fun! Glad you had a good time. I am in a REALLY big need for a good supportive bra too! :) (but Vickie's doesn't carry my size!) I have found some at Dillard's but they are like $50 YIKES!!!

Shellie said...

Glad you had a good time. What a great hubby you have. A girl needs a break now and then.
Glad you have made good friends in Idaho, but then you make friends whereever you go don't you?
What a cute girl you are.

Michelle said...

Woohoo for a new bra! They are always great at VS. I'm happy you got your day off and props to James for suggesting it! Next time I'll try to make it. :)

Erica Bazil said...

oh I'm jealous! How fun! Sometimes its hard for moms to get a true day off! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Cami that was so much fun. I've actually been thinking about you today and what a special and unique frined you are. You can get along with anyone. That is a special quality to have. I love ya like a (little) sister. Firends Forever!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't read over my post before I left it. hahahaha

The Nelsons said...

Hey! I had tons of fun! Good pictures of the temple. I'm good for shopping, I've just got to break my "guilt" mindset. I wish I could be as good of shoppers as you guys were! You've got the skills!

Audrey said...

What a fun day for you!! I love Johnny Carino's! Mmm..
Glad you got some time to yourself with some good friends. You deserve it!

Congrats with baby #3!!! I'm so happy for you!

julie said...

yeah, most of me has little faith, but that tiny part thinks it would be so fun if it would work. I've actually passed on one before too. But books tempt me. I'm glad you passed on the undies! :) haha! Weird!!! Thanks for letting me know!