Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas is COMING!

Christmas Tag

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper all the way for Christmas. (however, Santa doesn't wrap at our house.)

2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real, but lately we've only had artificial trees. I'm all for the pre-lit!

3. When do you put up the tree? A day or two after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? In the past it's been BEFORE Christmas, since we always leave town, and I love coming home after the New year to a clean house, but this year we'll be around, so I'm assuming I'll take it down sometime between holidays.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes. Unless it's seasoned with Season All!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't know if I have a FAVORITE, but a few gifts always stand out. My Karaoke machine, Television, tickets to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored dreamcoat, and of course, all the clocks I got for my collection. (I collect cute little clocks, if you didn't know. I have about 75, but they are at my mom's house in my curio. No room in my apartment!)

7. Hardest person to buy for? James, hands down. He never wants ANYTHING. The list he gave me this year consisted of athletic socks, a tie, and some tan pants. That was it.

8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids. So easy to make them happy.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. James gave it to me for my birthday when we were first dating.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I love mail, but unfortunately we've never sent out any ourselves. Is that tacky? Sorry.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? James' grandma gave us a portable toilet last year. That was pretty bad! We all had a good laugh though. (I think we were suppose to put it in our food storage for an emergency or something...I don't know.)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love the classics: Rudolph, Frosty, Miracle on 34th Street, but lately I think my favorite would actually have to be Christmas Vacation. James and I HAVE to watch this one every year!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? BLACK FRIDAY

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have, but I can't remember specifics.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The real question is what DON'T I eat at Christmas time?!!! I love English toffee, caramels, cranberries, Pumpkin pie, Ham, funeral potatoes, etc, etc, etc!!!!

16. Lights on the tree? Yes. Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night ----Celine Dion on Josh Groban's version.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Usully travel, but this year we'll be home since James is working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzon, and RUDOLF!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I currently have a gold star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? PJ's Christmas Eve, everything else Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Ornery shopping people. Have the spirit of Christmas, for goodness sake! I also hate that Christmas stuff is out at Halloween! Hello? Did you want to just SKIP Thanksgiving?

23. What theme or color are you using to decorate? My tree is Red and Gold. Everything else is probably red, gold, and green.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham or Turkey, potatoes, cranberries, etc.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? New set of Scriptures (unless I get them for my birthday!) A few other odds and ends.

26. Does Christmas mean Santa or Christ's birth to you? Christmas means Christ's birth, but Santa is always a fun part of Christmas too. I think you can easily do Santa and still remember the real reason for the Christmas season. Santa is a pretty giving person, and I think we can use him as another example of the kind of person Jesus is.

27. Do you go to Church on Christmas? If it's on a Sunday.

28. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? Both. I probably SAY Merry Christmas more often though.

29. Do you wear Christmas sweat shirts or sweaters? Not since I was 11.

30. Do you put up outside lights? You bet! Around my apartment doorway!

No comments: