Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's what we've been up to all week...
We've had a GREAT week so far. I've gotten to see SO many friends that I normally don't get to see. We've had a little bit more time since James' family is out of town for the Holiday, but we've sure found ways to fill up the hours!
Friday, my friend Niccole drove me and my kids down to Utah, since James was working. We went shopping, out to eat, and of course to TWILIGHT. It was great.
Saturday we watched the BYU vs UTAH game, and then went to my cousins birthday party.
Sunday we went to my mom's church, and to my Grandma's to visit that evening. James met us here after he was done working for the weekend.
Monday I met up with one of my best friend's from Snow, MELISSA! We had a good time letting our kids play and catching up.
Tuesday I went to my cousin, Shalae's house, and we let our kids play for awhile. I wish we lived closer so they would all know eachother better. They seem to have fun whenever we get together. That night James and I went to dinner with his sister who stayed in town.
Wednesday I hung out with my Aunt Kim for a little while, then met up with some of my highschool friends for lunch. It was fun to see them and to see their kids. Another friend stopped by later that day with her little boy and it was fun to see them as well. That night, James and I met up with an some old friends. Danielle was in my singing group growing up, and we had a lot of fun, for a lot of years. Somehow, we lost touch and recently were reconnected via BLOGGING! Her husband was actually James' good friend in Highschool, so we had a lot of fun getting together. We had pizza, and played Balderdash. I love that game. Totally random!
Obviously today is Thanksgiving and we went to my grandma's house for dinner. Oh....wait...first, the boys all played "Tackle" football this morning, and James came home with a hideous black eye. He always seems to get hurt when the boys get together to play! Dinner was great, and I made some pecan pies. I think they were delicious, but...I really like pecan pie! I then went to visit my friend Amy, at her mom's house, and spent an hour with their family. I love them, and I usually see them all every Christmas, but since this year James is working on Christmas, I decided to crash their Thanksgiving party instead! They are great though, and Carson loves Ayden, (Amy's niece) so it was fun to let them play for a few minutes.
Tomorrow is BLACK FRIDAY....oooooooh. Catch the drama? Yeah- I'm going to bed, since I will be in line at Shopko at approximately 4:45am! I'm crazy I know...but ....let's just say "it's tradition". Um...and I love shopping when their are good deals! Wish me luck!
2 comments:
I'm SOOO glad we got to see you and hang out! Twilight was SO much fun and it was nice to visit with you and let the boys play.
Today was fun for the most part...didn't enjoy Walmart all that much but Target was great! Jess held up very well, too...for a rookie, I'm impressed :) Oh, and YES...I got your message! THANKS, I am so excited...he will LOVE them!!! Drive safe on your way back. I'm sad we won't see you on Christmas!
Other than James' black eye (ouch!) sounds like a fun week! Although I will say, I didn't like you being gone so long. Do you realize how many times I had to go to the store because I was out of something and you weren't next door to come to my rescue? LOL
Glad you had fun! Can't wait to hear your take on the Twilight movie and we need to talk about you trying to out-decorating us again. ;)
Post a Comment