So, this post should make you all feel really good about yourselves. I won't say that I'm not USUALLY kind of clumsy, but I would bet my LIFE that being pregnant makes it 10x worse! Here are a few...clumsy things I've done in the past few weeks.
In no particular order...
***This actually happened two weeks in a row, but has never happened before this!) I went grocery shopping with both kids, (not fun, but nothing new), and I spent a little over an hour getting everything we needed. I got to the check out line, bagged all the groceries, put them in the cart, meanwhile entertaining two toddlers, and then realize....I have no wallet with me. That's the benefit of switching back and forth from diaper bag to purse!
*** I was making homemade eggnog for a Relief Society Recipe Club and I got it all finished. It tasted pretty good, (for eggnog) and as I put it in the fridge to chill, I decided to add a little more nutmeg. Yeah- that was the plan. I accidentally added Season All. Man Alive! Needless to say, I made a cranberry punch instead.
***I left everything I was suppose to bring for Young Women in Excellence at home.
***I shattered the light fixture over my kitchen sink.
***I dropped 6 out of the 7 potatoes on the floor that I was chopping for dinner the same night I shattered the light fixture.
*** I slipped while holding Carson, in the muddy curb in front of our apartment and fell to our faces on the sidewalk. He was okay, and I was laughing hysterically out of embarassment even though it actually really hurt. I tore up my knees pretty bad, and made a huge hole in my jeans, but...it really could've been worse.
***With every cupboard I've opened this past week, it seems like something huge has fallen out on my head.
***I left the car lights on one night, and when I, in a rush, went out to the car to take the kids to the babysitter's so I could get to my ultra-sound appointment, the car was completely dead. Thanks to my fantastic neighbor, I was able to jump it and only be a few minutes late to my apointment. Dumb me...again.
*** I spilled apple juice all over the floor when I was on my way out the door to church. So sticky. I hate that!
***I forgot all my Young Women's things I needed today for Church.
Really, this is only a few that came right to me, but there has been more. James told me I'm not allowed to touch knives, the stove, or anything else that might put the rest of my family in danger for the next 6 months!
So, wish me luck the next few weeks. I might need it!
11 comments:
Cami, I feel for you. I'm glad I am not the only one that loses her mind during pregnancy. If only mine would come back afterwards! Hope you are feeling better.
Right there with ya, honey!!! You're just the only one brave enough to tell everybody about it...Lol! Good luck to you as your belly gets bigger and you no longer have any balance or can see your feet to even know where you're stepping or what you're stepping on!!!
I about fell down the porch steps the other day...scared me and the kids to death...and Chet made the comment, "you have to be more careful, you're getting bigger and your balance isn't as good!". Uh oh really? thanks for the info! :) haha
I feel so bad for you! But I must tell you both Rob and I are just laughing thanks for giving us a laugh!
And just for the record, I think it must be James who opens the cupboard doors and not closing them just so you will hit your head.
Sorry we won't be able to see you next week. We will have to make better plans the next time we come around.(when ever that will be.)
Love ya!
How funny. I remember doing things like that. I was also really forgetful! Good luck!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's brain falls out of their head during pregnancy. haha.. just kidding, Cam. I think we may need to organize a fast to help you survive your pregnancy!
Don't worry Cami...you just have momnesia! :) Look, it's a scientific fact...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-03-03-momnesia_N.htm
Yes, I think pregnancy makes things worse. You had better be careful or you'll end up in the hospital!:)
Ok, so I'm totally laughing at this post! I'm not laughing at you, but with you of course. :D
It's true, being pregnant really messes things up. I'm a big enough clutz when I'm NOT pregnant and it only gets worse when I am. Maybe I should be cooking you dinner for the next six months. You know, to keep everyone safe. ;)
Oh man! Pregnancy is rough. That's my life 24-7. I'm always just one big bruise and I never even know where they came from. Hey, we are pretty much settled, so take your turn for "date night"! See ya at book club.
Yes, it's the whole saying my name thing that scares me a bit about the peacocks. How embarrassing. Haha...We will be in town for Thanksgiving too! Call me when you're in town and hopefully we can find a good time to meet up! 801.910.5369
Cami you are a good sport to announce all the clumsy things that you have done. I laughed out loud when you said you put seasonall in the eggnog:) That is something I would do not pregnant! I can't wait till you get down here. We need to figure out where we are going on Friday to shop! Talk to you soon:)
Post a Comment