Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Top 2...

2 reasons I'm doing this post

1-My past posts have been pretty negative and ornery sounding. Sorry. I've been a little stressed.

2- I had lots of random things I wanted to post about, and this seemed an easy way to do it.



2 things I love about McKenzie

1-Whenever I put her to bed, she begs me to tickle her back. She LOVES it!!! It's the only time she'll hold still and actually -sort of -cuddle with me.
2-I love to watch her mimic her brother. She thinks she is as funny as he thinks HE is.

2 things I don't enjoy so much about Kenzie

1- Her hair!!! Yikes. It's a disaster! It is ALL OVER THE PLACE! It's fine, and thin, and has a mind of it's own. I have to put something in it, or it's always in her eyes, but I think now the elastics are cutting parts of her hair. This is a big deal when their isn't much their anyway! I'm trying to keep it short, hoping it will thicken up soon, but does anybody else have any ideas???
2- Her attitude. She knows what she wants, and sometimes she doesn't care how mean she has to be to get it. She sure knows how to stand up for herself. She is very fiesty, and we've been working a lot lately on not letting her get away with yelling and throwing tantrums. Eating is the worst with her. She HATES eating, unless it's junk or not at the table. She is a little picky, which just usually frustrates me!

2 things I love about Carson

1-He loves to cuddle with me, and I love it when he puts his arm under MY head, (like James would do) and tells me that he loves me, even though sometimes I get mad at him.
2-He is so smart. He loves to learn, and I love teaching him new things all the time, because he actualy REMEMBERS them!!!

2 things I don't enjoy so much about Carson

1- His temper. When he flips out, there is no stopping him. I just let him lose it, then put him in time out,...then after he calms down, he talks. He gets so frustrated with things sometimes, and doesn't take time to just breath before he flips. I guess he is only 3 though.
2-His memory. Sometimes this is good. Sometimes this isn't. He remembers things from things we did 6 months ago, to different lines from movies he saw. He has started repeating things he's remembered, which doesn't always turn out so well. We really have to be careful what he sees, and what we say around him now. The other day I kept hearing him tell Kenzie to "turn her butt off". (This was from a line in "A Bug's Life" about the light on the fireflies butt or something). Anyway, not always good.

2 favorite things to see

1. The kids playing together. Especially when they don't know I'm watching them. A couple of days ago, I came out of the bathroom to find Carson reading McKenzie a book. So sweet.
2- I love watching the kids play with Daddy. He teases them a lot, but I think they secretly enjoy it. They love to rough house with him, and they love when he's home. I love to see them all playing together.

2 favorite activities (as of right now...)

1- Napping!
2- Reading a good book. Okay- question for all of you. I'm sort of in a book club, but the book they picked this month is so LAME!!! Nobody has read it and they sort of picked it random from the libraries book club books. I read a few chapters, and I'm not interested at all. Do you think it would be rude if I just didn't read this months book? I feel like I have better things to do, and read, than to waste my time reading something so boring, just to say I read it. I'm still debating what to do.


2 favorite new "things"

1- This...
This mascara is AMAZING!!! So...I really don't have any eyelashes. Well...I do, but they are so short that nobody can see them no matter how much mascara I put on. They aren't even long enough to curl! So....this sweet little find of mine has been awesome! One side is white, and you put it on, and it sort of attaches little white extensions to your eyelashes. The other side is the black mascara that you put over the extensions and...viola....beautiful, long, eyelashes!

2- Apparently I have never owned a pair of sweats. I told James a few months ago that I was going to spend some of my singing lesson money on something comfortable for me to wear. I don't know if it's because I feel crappy, or what, but I really just wanted something soft and cozy to wear when I don't feel good. So....this is what I found...






I'm really not a name brand kind of girl, and James keeps teasing me that I'm going "trendy" on him, but Aeropostale finally opened up in our Mall, and they were having some KILLER deals. I couldn't help myself. I'm not a huge fan of the "Aeropostale" across the butt, but other than that, I LOVE it! So soft, so cozy....yeah...your pretty much gonna have to burry me in it. I think I'll need another pair before too long, because as much as I've worn this, it's gonna be worn out in a week!
2 favorite foods (Since I've been pregnant. normally, this is not the same.)
1- I've been eating a lot of Regular flavored oatmeal. Kind of gross sounding, but it's filling, and it doesn't make me feel nauseated to think about.
2- Fiber One bars. Chocolate are the best. I can easily stash one away in my purse or my pocket and pull it out on a moments notice if I feel the nausea coming on. They are so good, and pretty healthy too! Gotta try em'!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that they are not all "Terrible Two's" (he he)
Thanks for sharing!
Hope that you start to feel better soon!
We will be in town on Fri 21

Kim and Chet said...

What a fun post to read! I love Aeropostale too because they always have sweet deals...ESPECIALLY online (we're talking clearance shirts for $5.00)

I also have loved those two food too since being pregnant! They are the ones that helped me through the nausea and when I need a snack the bars are great!

julie said...

You didn't have sweats?! Apparently, you're not the kind of mom that lets herself go like me! Way to go!

Tracey said...

Hey Cami, don't worry about Kenzies hair, Skylar didn't have hair till she was almost in kindergarten and now it is beautiful and thick. When she was little I would always say that my little girl would never have beautiful hair, I was wrong.

About Carson, so sweet that he puts his arm around you when you lay with him. When I lay with Quade I will run my fingers through his hair and then he will do it to me, it is so sweet.

Your sweat suit is ADORABLE!!! I would definelty where it, sometimes I have to remind myself before I walk into stores like areopostale, that I am to old and I have to stop thinking that I can pull those outfits off. You still can pull it off, your lucky.

Emily said...

Good post! Have you tried headbands or clips in Kenzie's hair instead of elastics? Have you tried curlers? Come over some time and we can play with it. Round brushing when it dries can also help.

LOVE the sweat suit you bought. Maybe I should go get one. It was way cute. I haven't even been in there yet.

You are a great mom! That picture of them reading the book is the best!

Shellie said...

Love the picture of Carson reading Kenzie the book. I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually reading that book to her.
Smart little kid.
Loved the "Turn off your butt" remark. That kid cracks me up.
Cute sweat suit too, I love getting comfortable, but I usually use jammies. It might be more appropriate in the day for a sweat suit, I'll have to consider that one.

Danielle said...

I don't think it's rude at all to not read the book...don't try to please anyone but yourself! If you're bored with the book, read one that you enjoy and join up again next month :)

Mary said...

I go to our book club only when it's a book that I'm interested in. Otherwise, what's the point?

The reading picture is so sweet!

Michelle said...

I'm not a sweats person either, I prefer comfy pj's. I do love that outfit though, it looks so good on you it makes me jealous! lol

I'm glad there's a lot of good along with the bad. If not, we wouldn't have any more kids. ;)

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Mary Clark said...

Nothing beats after a long day to put on some comfy clothes. I love the outfit. Your kids are so cute. thanks for sharing the sweet pictures of them

amber-girl said...

love the post!
LOVE the outfit!
Definitely do not love plain oatmeal or fiber one bars...but you go girl!
LOVE love LOVE it when your (my) kids get along and take care of each other!
And I love it that you work so hard to be such a great mom! You are the best!