My week is just about over. HOORAY! The spaghetti dinner turned out great. I think we ended up making $600-700 dollars, which is a lot for the ward we're in. We had PLENTY of food, (a little too many noodles, which was my fault, but...what can ya do?) and we had a lot of success with our "service auction" that we had that night. Youth and ward members donated things like, goodies, babysitting, crafts, yard work, etc. It ended up going for a few hours, but I think most of the people had fun. Each organization was in charge of doing one skit that night for entertainment, and then we had the auction going in between skits, (as they got ready). We also had a few bouncy, fun house toys to keep the kids all entertained, which turned out great. My ward is awesome, and it's so nice to see the support that they give everyone.So, as for the rest of my life....we're doing good. I'm 12 weeks along now, and I'm hoping I'll be feeling better within a month or so. I have my next doctor's apointment on Thursday, and I'll let you know how it goes.
McKenzie has been waking up at 5:00am for the past week now. The day light savings thing has thrown her completely off, and I don't know what to do. We've tried keeping her up later, and nothing seems to work. At 5:00am every morning, I hear something like, "Read me, pees? Mom, read me, pees?" as she shoves a book into my sleepy face. Actually, the other morning I heard slamming cupboards in my bathroom, and I thought it was the middle of the night, however, it was about 5:00am. I yelled to James, "James, what in the world are you doing???!" He answered back, "sleeping". I jumped immediately from my bed to see who was in the bathroom, when I found sweet little Kenzie, STANDING in the bathroom sink, holding a toothbrush and toothpaste. "teeth, pees? teeth, pees?" We usually leave the hall light on so Carson isn't scared at night when he has to get up to go potty. Unfortunately, this allows Kenz to wander the house aimlessly and do whatever she pleases at 5:00am because she can see everything just fine. What to do? What to do?
5 comments:
Im glad you had a successful spaghetti dinner. What was the money for? You are amazing, I could never think of such awesome ideas. I hope you start feeling better its never fun to be sick and take care of the house and kids. Have a great week
I'm glad everything turned out great. I hope you get feeling better soon too! And when you do enjoy it b/c the aches and pains start coming all too soon!!!
I hope you can start getting Kenzie to sleep in a bit longer too...that is quite early!
So glad the spaghetti dinner went well! As for Mckenzie - I'm in the same boat with Vanna. She is still waking up an hour earlier than normal and going to bed an hour earlier than normal. I'm just hoping her schedule will eventually get on track - who knows?!
Glad that your dinner went great and that is alot of $$ that you raised-- Good Job!
Hope that you start to feel better soon and hey you can say hello to the Dr. for me-- I miss him, he is the most awesomest one I have yet to find!
The spagetti dinner was awesome and good! You did great and Halle really did love the toys there. Halle is still kind of waking up early, but she actually slept in a little today...hopefully McKenzie will start sleeping in soon too.
Post a Comment