Friday, November 7, 2008

WELCOME TO THE COUNTY FAIR

We had our Young Women in Excellence last night, and it was a blast. All the girls, except one, made it and had their projects done and on display. Here are a few pictures I took. WE HAD COUNTY FAIR DECORATIONS



WE HAD COUNTY FAIR FOOD...

Nachos, and pretzels with cheese
WE HAD COUNTY FAIR GAMES

Throwing the darts at the balloons...




Throwing the pennies on the pop cans...


WE HAD COUNTY FAIR BOOTH/DISPLAYS

(All the girl's projects were displayed like a county fair booth, with a ribbon the color of their value)





WE HAD COUNTY FAIR REFRESHMENTS


Cotton candy, cookies, etc...
( I like cotton candy...can ya tell?)



WE HAD COUNTY FAIR ENTERTAINMENT
(Between the different entertainment, the girls stood up to explain their project. What they did, what they learned, etc. It was a good way to keep it entertaining.)


WE HAD MAGIC






WE HAD YODELING...




WE HAD FIDDLERS...oh...and a juice harp. Whatever that is.

AND OF COURSE... COUNTRY DANCING WITH THE EMCEE
(Not planned, but the girls had fun)
Some were more willing to get up and dance than others!


Turned out okay though....see?


What's most important was all they girls seemed to have fun which is all we could have asked for.





One event down, and one more to go! Wish me luck with my spaghetti dinner tomorrow!!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like tons of fun! You are amazing! How can you be YW President with 2 kids and being pregnant? And still do so many awesome things?

Shellie said...

That was darling. Wow, a lot of work getting there, but so worth it.
You should pat yourself and counselors on the back.
Way to go and good luck on Saturday with your spaghetti dinner.
Love ya,
Monm

Anonymous said...

Hey looks like it was a lot of fun. Glad that that stress is over with. Hope that tomorrow goes good for you. don't forget the bread sticks, anda lot of extra cheese! Those are my favorites!!

It was also fun to see some of those people that we haven't seen in forever!

Ashley said...

Hey..what's your email address??

Mary said...

Our's is next week- I hope it comes together! What a cute theme!

We did a spaghetti dinner a few months ago. It was definitely a lot of work, but we raised a ton of money! Good luck with yours!

Erica Bazil said...

Wow what a lot of work but what a success it looks like. That seems like the perfect theme for the time of year and the decorations you had. When I saw yodeling I thought I'd see a picture of Wylie - chicken - that must be his dad? I'll bet the girls loved it. I'll have to keep the idea in my mind in case I'm ever in YW again.

Emily said...

WoW! You are one heck of a young women leader! That "county fair" event looked perfect! I hope your dinner went good tonight. I have been thinking of you!

Kim and Chet said...

what a cute idea! You are so creative Cami jo!

Where did you get the cotton candy maker? I want one for myself...it's my favorite :)

Tori Price said...

Cami what a cute idea! That looks like it was so much fun! Good luck with the dinner! Oh and how far along are you now?