My coolest neighbor ever is moving, (I'm so bummed!) and decided that we could take their piano, which was easier to slide it next door, then move it down the stairs! It has a lot of character, and may be slightly out of tune, but I LOVE IT! It was built in 1910, and I'm pretty sure it was used in a bar, since I've found multiple cigarette burns in it, and I really don't think my neighbors smoke. (ha-ha) But I'm excited, anyway. For how much I play the piano, it's perfect for me. We don't have a bench for it, and I'm in desperate need of some SIMPLE piano music, but for now, it's great. I have my simplified hymns book, which will keep me occupied for a few weeks, I'm sure!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
PIANO!!!
Meet the newest member of our family... (sorry, the picture is really blurry.)
My coolest neighbor ever is moving, (I'm so bummed!) and decided that we could take their piano, which was easier to slide it next door, then move it down the stairs! It has a lot of character, and may be slightly out of tune, but I LOVE IT! It was built in 1910, and I'm pretty sure it was used in a bar, since I've found multiple cigarette burns in it, and I really don't think my neighbors smoke. (ha-ha) But I'm excited, anyway. For how much I play the piano, it's perfect for me. We don't have a bench for it, and I'm in desperate need of some SIMPLE piano music, but for now, it's great. I have my simplified hymns book, which will keep me occupied for a few weeks, I'm sure!
My coolest neighbor ever is moving, (I'm so bummed!) and decided that we could take their piano, which was easier to slide it next door, then move it down the stairs! It has a lot of character, and may be slightly out of tune, but I LOVE IT! It was built in 1910, and I'm pretty sure it was used in a bar, since I've found multiple cigarette burns in it, and I really don't think my neighbors smoke. (ha-ha) But I'm excited, anyway. For how much I play the piano, it's perfect for me. We don't have a bench for it, and I'm in desperate need of some SIMPLE piano music, but for now, it's great. I have my simplified hymns book, which will keep me occupied for a few weeks, I'm sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
No WAY! That is awesome. The blurriness of your picture just adds to its charm! :)
Well there a couple good christmas gift ideas for you. I hope James takes note.
Sorry we didnt make it by your house today. Ayden to a LONG late nap and eric got home early. We'll drop off the goods tomorrow and check out your new addition.
Congratulations! That is awesome. I love having one too. What nice neighbors!
I am sooooooo jealous. So. Jealous. And that's kinda sad that Michelle is moving. Where are they off to?
Ooh fun! I have an extra piano bench if you wanna buy it for super cheap. It's a keyboard piano bench
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BenchLt/
kind of like that one. We've never used it.
Oh I am so jealous! You have no idea how bad I want a piano. I don't think I will ever get one though because they are sooooo expensive. (And maybe partly because I don't really play that well) I really really want to get one someday though:) You are very fortunate! It looks great too! I didn't even notice there wasn't a bench with it until I read it.
Cami. You don't know who I am, but I found your blog via Mary Clark's. Anyway, I love love love your profile picture. It's precious. I am wondering if you'd be interested in giving me permission to use it for something. I'm a photographer and also produce videos. I'm in the process of making one right now for which that picture would be perfect...??? Can you email me and we can chat, maybe? I'm not a stalker, I promise. Kerrianne
kerri_burch@byu.edu Thanks!
Your piano looks like the one we got from my aunt and uncle. it is so fun to have a piano and play it occasionally. :) Matt showed me your blog... You should visit our blog! Thanks for the cute brown and pink shoes! :) I'm sorry we stole them from you.
It reminds me of the one at my parents house even built arouond the same time, although ours is probably taller it is actually called an up grand, it is huge and it a mirror across the top shelf.
I love it I wish that one of of played but I guess I will have to leave that up to my kids.
hooray for you! That is so fun and exciting :)
That is one sweet piano. I love old things with character; my mom, my house.... Just teasing mom. I think you'll put it to great use - as a shelf if nothing else. Love you Cam!
Nice! I couldn't live without my piano!
Post a Comment