Yesterday in a nutshell...
* Woke up, went potty, picked up house,
* ate,showered, dressed kids,
*James left for work
*babysitter came over
* I left to our Stake Conference Relief Society Enrichment luncheon. I actually sang at it, and it was a nice meeting. I felt very uplifted and it was nice to feel the spirit since the rest of my day didn't really go so well!
*After luncheon, I went with a few friends to do a little bumming around at some home decor stores (since we HATE taking children to those kind of places and it seemed like a perfect time!) We had a lot of fun.
*While gone, I get a call from babysitter and am told that McKenzie had been dancing and jumping around, ate lunch, danced and jumped around again, and then she threw it all up. Poor babysitter.
* So...I came home to a complete mess. Kenzie was running around in her underwear and there was vomet on EVERYTHING! I don't blame the sitter for not wanting to clean up some other kids puke, but it was so annoying to come home to a big mess, let alone 2 kids that still hadn't been down for a nap yet! I had asked the babysitter if she had given Kenzie any more food or anything after she threw it all up and she said that all she fed her was a big glass of milk (aweful on an upset stomache!) and CHEETOS! Yikes! I know that my sitter is only 16, but I figured she'd know better!
*Feeling a bit frustrated, I was trying to feed Kenzie some chicken noodle soup, while cleaning up a mess and keeping Carson out of it, when...
* Kenzie threw up again! Can you say annoying?
*I was really almost in tears by this point! I've been a little stressed about my New Beginnings on Tuesday anyway, and I just wanted to come home to a clean house and get some things together for that, and not deal with a mess. I also hadn't seen James since Monday night, except for early in the morning and right before bed, in passing. (our schedules didn't mesh well this week!) So...I was a little "on the verge" of a breakdown anyway. (We pregnant ladies get like that sometimes!)
*Well, right about this time, the phone rings. So, without really thinking I pick it up and it was James' brother, Karl. I realized once I started to talk to him that I really shouldn't have picked up the phone at all because I lost it. I started bawling, and poor Karl, didn't know what to do. I kept saying, "hey Karl, can I call you right back?" and he was like, "Cami? Cami? Are you okay?" He probably couldn't understand a word I was trying to say! I usually don't cry very often, and I think I kind of surprised him to be bawling. I'm a pretty happy person most of the time, and I usually prefer to cry alone when the need arises but I couldn't do much about it this time!
*I hung up, and told him I'd call him later.
*I gave myself about 30 minutes to get ahold of myself and call him back. I was so embarassed! I told him he really just caught me at a very bad time, and he was sweet to let me vent a little!
*After I cleaned up the mess, and put the kids to bed, James calls to tell me that he now has to work until 9:00pm! 3 hours late! I was so bummed. He actually went into work 3 hours early too! I was really looking forward to going to the adult session of Stake Conference (since this is my FAVORITE meeting, since you don't have to wrestle with kids!) but I really didn't want to go alone, and get another sitter, especially if Kenzie was sick, so....
*I stayed home all night, by myself. At least I got some young women's stuff put together once the kids were in bed.
Anyway- that was my day yesterday. Some good some bad. I guess that's how most days are though, right? Today has been much better so far though. ( Besides the fact that this morning, while flossing, A piece of my back bottom tooth chipped off. With the floss! I don't think that's normal. I mean, I know my teeth are more susceptible to things when I'm pregnant, and that's why I have a dentist apointment scheduled in a week, but that seems so wierd! ) Anyway, other than my tooth, we've had a pretty good day. The kids did AWESOME in Stake Conference, and we only had to take McKenzie out once or twice to go potty, and that was it! It was a really good meeting. It's so nice to get those spiritual moments to help get you through the week! So, as for this week, I have New Beginnings on Tuesday, and I think it will be a lot of fun, if it all goes as planned (which it never does, but we'll see!) Anyway, thanks for listening to me bumble on about my- not so interesting- life!
14 comments:
I just thought it was funny that you took the time to put "go potty" on your list of things you did in the morning. As for the rest of your day, that stinks! I'm so sorry you had to come home to a house full of puke! I hope Kenzie is feeling better soon. And good luck with your New Beginnings. We just had ours (I'm the YW pres. in my branch), but we only have two active girls, so we didn't do anything huge. Plus, the fact that they weren't doing Personal Progress or Mutual or anything, so we are pretty much just trying to get everything started! Anyway, there is my life, all spewed on your computer screen! have a good day!
Awww Cami, *HUGS* to you! I'm sorry yesterday turned out to be more stressful than you planned. You're always welcome to call me and I would have come over in a jiffy to help!
I'm glad things are better today. Good luck at New Beginnings!
I'm so sorry that all had to happen in one day! It's aweful to have a sick child but then to have everything else go wrong, well I'm sorry. I wish I lived closer and I'd come over and take your kids for ya for a while. I hope your day goes much better tomorrow:)
That sounds like the way our week has been going, I just hate throw-up it really is nasty! (mostly when it is on me and my whole bed!)
I hope things go well for you on Tuesday!
A good nights rest always makes you feel better (if you are so lucky to ever get a good nights rest with two babies and one on the way!) I figured out the apron, and they turned out pretty cute...I think.
Oh I feel for you! It's not fun to deal with those kinds of days anytime but especially when you are pregnant.
I hope Kenzie gets feeling better and I can't wait to hear all about your New Beginnings!
I'm so sorry! I wish I could have been close enough to help with your kids or something. I was pretty much a big bum yesterday (well I did go to the temple but that was my only productivity.)
Oh, MAN Cam! That stinks. I'm glad you had someone to listen to your emotional rant. We can't keep it all in! I hope the rest of your week is puke free!
Oh Cami! Im sorry you had such a bad day. Cleaning up throw up is the worst job ever! I hope Kenzie is feeling better now. I hope New Beginnings go well. Im sure you will have the best turnout. The girls are lucky to have someone like you as thier president. Have a great day
When I think I am having a hard day, I will just read this post again and I know I will feel so much better. haha. So sorry your day turned out so rotten. I hope Kenzie gets feeling better and doesn't pass it on to Carson. Throw up is the worst!!!
Not so interesting yeah right! I could relate to EVERY word you were saying! Hang in there, remember it is all worth it in the end. As for New Beg. we have our this week too. Lucky for us we have Rob and Liz's wonderful girl Lindsey. She planned it for one of her projects. YAY for responsible YW!
No fun. We've just over our being sick (I hope) and I can relate.
As far as fun home decor places - did you go to Real Deals or The Holiday House? Those are my favorites! I guess your fun was interrupted though huh?!
Well I hope your week goes better for you and good luck with New Beginnings!
Ok, I am honestly sitting here crying. Can you believe it?
I am soooo sorry about your bad day and that I can't be there to help. Sometimes when it rains, it pours.
Hang in there honey, James only has about a year left and you can come home so we can cry together.
Good luck on Tuesday, I'm sure your New Beginnings will be a huge hit. Remember, I want a copy of it.
Love ya,
Mom
CRAZZZY!!! I hate days that go that way and even worse when you're not in control of them. I thought new beginnings went great. THe skit was super cute. Good job. Oh yea, I don't think I have ever seen anything cuter than Carson reciting the 1st artical of faith. I am not even sure Keeli knows it.
Post a Comment