Last week in Primary, Carson gave me a paper that said his teacher wanted all the kids to practice saying part of the 1st Article of Faith. He picked it up pretty quickly, so we taught him the whole thing. Sorry, the video is a little dark. He also gets a little...um...serious, when he's concentrating, and may come across as being a little angry. He's really not though! Enjoy...
He has been using a lot of "church" words lately in his vocabulary. Some he has learned from church movies he watches on Sundays, Family Home Evening lessons, and the rest is all learned from Primary. The other night I heard him teaching his dinasaur about the importance of "pepenting" (repenting). The same night he also blessed (in his nightly prayer) that he could be more faithful, and thanked Heavenly Father for letting him go to the gospel. (He asked us what the "gospel" was and we told him it was the church. He now thinks the "gospel" is a place. Hence, "go TO the gospel") He was pretending to be Samuel the Lamanite the other morning, and I pretended to throw arrows at him. I asked him why none of my arrows were hitting him and he replied with a loud booming voice, "Because the Lord is on MY side!" He had to have heard that somewhere before! Last week on the way home from church, he asked me where Jesus died. I told him in a far away land. He asked if it was on a mountain and I told him it was on a hill, which is like a mountain, called Calvary. He then BEGGED me to take him there, telling me that it was a great idea and sounded like a fun trip. I told him it cost too much money, but he insisted that we go anyway, and that he could pay "the man" (I guess the "man" is the one who would take us there) all the money from his piggy bank, and then we could get on a boat and go see the place where Jesus died. What happened to Disneyland, or the beach? No. That would be normal. Not my child. He prefers to go to Israel! He sure keeps us entertained!
11 comments:
AWESOME kid! Is he really younger than my Hannah? Wow.
ohhhh my goodness... He is learning so much.. that means careful what you say around him!! That is so great!! They really do soak everything up!!
That is cool that is is learning so much from you and primary, Aren't you glad that he pays attention, sometimes.
Hey Cami--
Totally off the subject, though your kid sure is cute...!
I started a blog. Thought that you might want to visit sometime. Feel free to give the address to other people that you know I know.
Have a great day!
http://www.brooksoutnumbered.blogspot.com
-Brooks Gailey
Oh my gosh, he is hilarious! That is the cutest thing I've ever heard! You've got one smart cookie there Cam - nice work!
That was quite an intense Article of Faith. Toooo Cute.
I also loved that he asked to be more faithful, do you think he even knows what that means?
He just keeps cracking me up.
Good work mom and dad, he's learning good things and hopefully it will stick with him.
I sure do love that little boy. I'm afraid my kids won't know nearly that much at his age. How do you do it?
That is the most darling thing ever! He is amazing! He does so good! How do you get him to focus on things? I try teaching Cash and it seems his attention span is only 1 minute long (if I'm lucky) and then he's done with "school". I guess I need to get much more creative. What's your trick - any advice?!
Oh my gosh! He is something else. Kind of like his mom who was singing "O Holy Night" when she was barely 3. Sounds like great parenting skill have surely been passed on. Great Job!!!
He is too cute! He will make a great missionary someday that's for sure!
That is too cute! I love how serious he is through the whole thing. You are doing great at teaching him all he needs to know. Good job Cami and James ofcourse!
Post a Comment