Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where did my baby girl go?

So, Kenzie has changed SOOOOOOOOOO much since she was born. She doesn't even look like the same girl!

Anyway, I thought I'd update on McKenzie Jo and let you know how she has been growing and learning. (More for my own records, since I hate trying to keep track and write all this down!) Mckenzie is about 22 months old. This week we started the potty training thing. Can I just say she is doing AWESOME!!! We started hard on Thursday and she picked it up right away. She has been wearing underwear (or "tute (cute) panties" as she likes to call them) whenever we are home. I've tried to stay home for a few days to really drive the potty training thing in, and it seems to be working. She still sleeps in a pull-up but she tells me almost everytime she needs to go "potty" or "stinky" when she's awake. She has probably only had about 5 accidents all week long. Considering that she is going to the bathroom about once an hour, this is pretty good! Here are a couple of pictures... She gets 1 chocolate chip everytime she goes potty in the toilet. Whenever she starts to go, she gets a cute little smile and says, "choc-ut teat" (chocolate treat). Never underestimate the power of one chocolate chip! I used marshmallows when training Carson, but she likes the chocolate better. Smart girl.

The funny thing about my kids is that they have ALWAYS preferred the real toilet to any little toilet, or any child's toilet seat. This has actually made it really nice, since they have to adjust to the real toilet seat anywhere but home!
Kenzie always yells, "WIPE!" when she finishes going potty. It cracks me up. (She picked this up from Carson.)




Kenzie is very small in weight, but is pretty average for height. She's a little bean pole! She loves playing with "Tarson" (Carson), feeding her babies, acting like a dog, having "polish" on her finger and toenails, doing puzzles, and teasing! Oh...and I'd have to say her favorite word would have to be "NO!" We're working on that. All I have to do is give her "the eye", and her tone immediately changes to a sweet little voice that says, "peez don't". Give it time and we'll have one very polite little girl!
She knows how to count to 10 by herself, and she'll repeat almost anything you say, but it doesn't always sound very clear! She is working on her colors, and is getting some of them down. She knows circles, and triangles very well, and LOVES to play school with mom. (Just like her brother!) She loves to sing the ABC song, Popcorn popping on the apricot tree, and Itsy bitsy spider. She also loves to color, and is very good at puzzles.
We love McKenzie and have had so much fun teaching her and watching her grow and learn. She's much different than Carson, which makes life very interesting, but we love them both, just the same! She is a little shy, but once you get to know her, she is a very fun, and sassy little girl! I can't wait for baby #3 to see if it's more like Carson or Mckenzie!
Anyway, we love you Kenz!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about my little Chloe! I guess Hailey too! I just can't believe how fast they grow, little weeds!!!

Mer said...

Wow Cami I needed to get caught up with you! That is great that she is going in the toliet. I hear girls are easier to train than boys- is that true? BTW- you are so patient to wait and see what the sex of your baby is, but it will be fun the day of the birth.

Mary Clark said...

thats great that mckenzie is doing awesome with potty training. Girls sure love their chocolate! I might have to use that idea with malia when we get her potty trained. Could you come and teach Malia to talk. She is very stubborn and does things when she wants them. your kids are just so smart. Keep up the good work

Lindsay said...

What a cutie! Nice work on the potty-training! I'm glad it's working so well! If she is anything like her mom, I do believe that she is a little quiet but can be sassy when you get to know her! (I'm just thinking of all those high school memories!) Don't you wish we could just go and sit in AP Psych just one more time? Or Wiley's class with Natalie? Or BioAg? Oh man - those were the days. We were SUCH dorks.

Erica Bazil said...

Kenzie really is changing a ton - her hair is lightening up too. What a cutie. She is doing so well with the potty training. We're on hold because Cash got sick and had diahrea - fun I know. Maybe we'll get back on track. She sounds so smart too. Cash doesn't even know all that stuff and he's a bit older. You inspire me to be a better mom and teach him more.
It's fun to hear the update!

Kim and Chet said...

Wow. Way to go on the potty training, that's awesome! She is such a smart girl and you are just the cutest mom! I really think of you and how I should do better with my own kids. You inspire me Cami Jo...and I'm much older that you! :)

Josh and Shalae said...

Wow that's great that Kenzie is potty training so well. And you're right, she looks totally different from when she was newborn. But she is still just as cute:) Go McKenzie!!!

Lindsey said...

So cute! It is so nice to have potty trained kids! It will be especially nice because you won't have two in diapers when the baby is born! She is only like 18 months isn't she? Impressive! Would you email me about how to make those cute aprons again, I finally found an excuse to make some!

Shellie said...

I believe I have a picture of you sitting on the toilet about that same age and your legs were just as skinny, haha.
She looks pretty proud in her tute panites,very cute.
She's adorable and I miss her little "no" and "uh-hum's"
Carson too. You are a good mom to teach them all of those things. Good for you!
Love you all, mom

Michelle said...

Awww what a doll! I'm so proud of her for doing as well as she is! And yeah, chocolate, that is totally the way to go. ;)

amber-girl said...

Wow...potty training and everything else! Time flies! It is so fun to hear about your kids and what you all are up to! I ahve been trying to prep Carter for potty training but it is WAY over his head right now! He doesn't have a clue! I was hoping he'd be like Anna but not a chance! Isn't funny how different they can be? I cannot wait for baby #3 to be here!!! Your baby #3 that is!! Maybe once I see how easily you adjust to three kids it will give me the courage to do the same!!

Anonymous said...

sweet top picture, love to see her pull down her knickers and show me her pu==y