Saturday, August 15, 2009

Show me the money!!!

I had the chance to sing at the Bannock County Fair,"Talent Idol" competition on Thursday night. There were 40 contestants, and the top 15 made it to the finals on Friday night. I made the top 15, and went onto the finals, and took 2nd place. I won this lovely trophee and $200. I had so much fun. I sang Sara Bareilles "Love Song". Sorry Mel, I didn't tape it, but here's a few pictures of me and my winnings.

It was SUPER windy on Friday night. I've never had to sing with so much hair in my mouth in my whole life! Here's the trophee....

And here is the MULAH!! (Every time I look at my face in this picture, I can't help but think that I look just like my cousin Felicia in it! Does anyone else see it?)


Both James and I couldn't believe how many people came to support me, BOTH nights. I had about 5 different friends AND their families come to watch me, and it meant SO much! Without having family around, they have become second families to me, and I appreciate them all more than they know. Thanks again guys for coming! Hopefully you enjoyed the show!
My kids have been earning "marbles" lately (thanks for the idea Kristin!), and everytime they fill their cup (usually ends up being once a week or so) they earn a special prize. Sometimes it's ice-cream, sometimes we go somewhere fun, sometimes it's a toy, sometimes a treat, etc. We let them pick their own prize, and then they earn their marbles by good behavior and such. This week Kenzie earned a couple of dress-up items from the dollar store, and she LOVED them! Doesn't she look like she should be in a pageant? Gotta love the heels!



Carson earned a package of little dinasaurs. The smaller the animal/dinasaur, the better for this kid.


The marbles have been great for us, since I can reward them for good behavior AND I can take away marbles when they are bad. It's a great idea, for anyone who wants to try it!



12 comments:

Danielle said...

Way to go Cami! That's awesome. Great marble idea, I'll keep that in mind for when I have little ones :) Oh, and Plato's Closet is a consignment store here that buys and sells gently used clothes, and they have way cute stuff for really cheap. I love it!

Shareen said...

Congratulations. I wish we could have been there to watch. Have fun with the money. People have always said that Felicia looks just like you. Great compliment!! We did the marble idea when I was in primary. It worked great with them too. We had a marble party during sharing time about 3 times a year. Simple stuff like sitting on the floor instead of chairs and playing games. Church related of course :)

Shellie said...

Congratulations!!!
It reminds me of when you were twelve and won the Utah State Fair Talent competition.
I'm sure you were awesome, wish we could've been there.
I can't wait for you to move home but I know you will be leaving many friends behind. You are so blessed to have so many people who love you while you are away from family.

Josh and Shalae said...

Congrats!! That is totally awesome! I can't wait to see you guys again! I'm sure you should have won first but 2nd isn't bad either:)

Emily said...

SWEET!!! I couldn't wait to come home and check your blog to see how you did. I can't believe you didn't take 1st because you sounded SO awesome!! 2nd place is still so great! Way to go! You're an inspiration to me!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you won! That is so exciting.
the marble idea is great. I need to think of something for my kids, maybe I will try this.

julie said...

That is a great idea! And congrats again! I'll always remember when I got my own little private concert every day. And I drove you crazy with the loud piano. Oh that reminds me of song, Kristin Chenoweth's 14G. You must listen to it!

Anonymous said...

congrats Cami! I'm sorry I couldn't be there to carry your bags. :)

Shauna said...

Congrats! You really do have a beautiful voice!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! That is so cool! You have the best voice. That is way awesome. Hope you get to go on a "date" with that money... :)

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you! I've been wondering how you did. Second place, WTG Cami! That's so awesome! You go girl. :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
I am so happy that you won! That is so exciting....That is a great idea!!!!You're an inspiration to us!!!!thanks

--
Reenee
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems