Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Feet

I've seen a lot of feet these past few days. We had a "water"melon party for Young Women's last night, and I gave all the young women cute watermelon toes. They also played "twister" in the sprinklers, played in a slip-n-slide, ate watermelon, and had as many watermelon flavored treats as I could find. (laffy-taffy, airheads, jolly ranchers, ring-pops, blow-pops, Kool-aid etc.) The girls had a lot of fun, and it was a great activity to end up the Summer. Then, today I gave Kenzie a pedicure. It's amazing how dainty and girly she is. She BEGS me for polish and she is so patient and still while I paint her toes and fingers.

Mother and daughter. Aren't they cute? Besides the fact that they are feet?
Now, these are the cutest feet of all. Aunt Kim bought these cute little crocheted sandals for Madison when we were home, and we were planning on using them for her blessing. However, James lost one of them the week BEFORE the blessing, and eventhough I went over to the church during the week to find them, I had no luck. Until...last night at my watermelon party, The missing sandal magically appeared under the church stage, under the rack of chairs. Insane, huh? I have NO IDEA how it got there, but I'm THRILLED that I found it. The lighting is terrible in the picture, but you get the idea. Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen? I LOVE them! Thanks again Aunt Kim. Too bad I didn't get to use them for the blessing. I'll just have to dress her up again with them on for some more pictures!





Okay- here's a quick little clip of Madison ALMOST rolling over. She is only 2 months, which is much younger than my other two to do this. She's not quite there,(her one arm still gets stuck underneath her) but she's getting very close!
Oh...I signed myself up for the Talent show at the County fair tomorrow, so wish me luck! I love to sing!

11 comments:

mom C said...

Holy Cow, she's there!
I can't believe it. The watermelon party sounded very cute. What great ideas you have.

Michelle said...

I loved your watermelon toes! And the pic of you and Kenzie's toes, very cute. I think I need to get more creative with my girls when it comes to painting toenails. I may borrow your ideas! :D

Madison is so cute trying to roll over! And at only 2 months old, what a big girl!

Anonymous said...

So so so cute!!!
I wish I was there so I could get my nails painted too!!

mom again said...

Good luck tonight!!!
I know you'll do great.
Just remember when you were twelve and kicked butt at the SL State Fair.
Go get 'em!

Johnson's said...

Why are little feet so cute? I tried doing my toes in watermelons again...but Lindsey did it way better. Maybe you can do mine.

Lisa said...

You are way too humble.....YOU ARE SINGING TONIGHT AT THE COUNTY FAIR! There!! And I can't wait! Oh yeah, the feet are cute too!

Lindsay said...

How cute! What a creative watermelon party! Go Cam! And very cute shoes on Maddie - your girls are so darling, and they get it from their momma!

Lindsey said...

Those are the cutest toe's I have ever seen! I don't think I could paint my toes that well! Good luck at the fair!

Amy S said...

Cute toes! What a YW fun activity. Your little family is so cute, I can't believe how fast they grow up.

Kim and Chet said...

How cute are those watermelon toes! (for toes) Great idea...I will have to try those on the girls.
And you're welcome! I'm glad you found the other sandal...they are SOOO stinking cute on her little feet!

Anonymous said...

Cute toes!!!! What a fun activity.... Your little family is so cute...
Good luck at the fair!


--
Reenee
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems