Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm in a hurry...

So, I don't really have much to say, but my dad gets upset when I don't update my blog so this is for you Dad.

You know the country song....

"I'm in a hurry to get things done,
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun.
All I really gotta do is live and die,
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why."

This song totally describes me. When I'm driving, I'm all about getting there in the shortest amount of time. I hate wasting time. When James drives it's even worse, because he is so mellow, and he drives like an old man already! Yesterday, I was thinking about how God gave us Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and even Saturdays to get things done, but for some reason, I feel like I have to accomplish all of my weekly chores on Mondays. I clean, I do laundry, I grocery shop, etc. Why not spread it out during the week? This makes Mondays extremely busy for me. I always assume if I get it all done on Monday, I can relax for the rest of the week. Wrong. I never do. I always find more errrands or projects to accomplish during the rest of the week. Sure I get a lot done, but the whole time I'm worried about what more I need to accomplish. All day long I'm trying to plan what we're going to do, and what order to do it in, to make the most of my time. Breakfast, bath kids, exercise, shower, drop off laundry, clean house, play school, switch laundry, grocery shop, pick up laundry, lunch, fold luandry, naps, teach singing, make dinner, die of exhaustion. When does it end???!!! (You may be wondering what my children are doing during all of this. Well, they always get to watch a cartoon after they get ready for the day,while I exercise and shower. Then, I drag them with me when I run errands, and they play with toys, or help me clean when we are home. They love to play in the buckets when I fold the laundry and they REALLY love playing on the chairs, when I'm mopping, and being chased by the vacuum. I'm so glad they are at an age where they can play together, without killing eachother, (most of the time). It helps that they can keep themselves entertained! It's wonderful.)
Anyway, back to my question...why do I always feel like I'm in a hurry? I think I always plan way too many things to get done in a days time, and then I feel rushed all day long to do it. Is it really that big of deal if I don't get the dusting done, or I leave the vacuuming until tomorrow? No. Not really a big deal, but then again, I have issues. Am I the only one here? Is there really something wrong with me, or are most mothers like this? I really love to be busy, and not have a lot of down time, but sometimes I think I need to give myself a break! I think I may be a little OCD here. And my poor kids. The first thing they ask when they wake up is, "Where are we going today?" This morning when I told them we were just staying home to play, they were floored! We usually ALWAYS have SOMEWHERE to go. Even if it's somewhere fun like a play group, or library time (which we squeeze in twice a week) or even walking at the mall while they play on the toys. But nope. Not today. I don't feel well, and I think I'll just take it easy today. Afterall, I finished all my chores yesterday! I think I deserve a break, don't you?



Ah man. I still have all of mine and Madison's clothes to go through. I need to switch out Summer for Fall. Who thinks I can resist today and do it tomorrow? Yeah, probably not. But I'll try.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh! :)
I do that sometimes but I always get interrupted and then don't want to start again. I really have decided I like to just sit with my kids and read or watch a good movie.

Lindsay said...

Oh Cam - you're funny! I think I need a little more of your energy! But I do feel the same about getting out and doing things. I just don't like sitting around my house. So Weston and I are avid travelers. Parks, malls, grocery stores, museums, etc. I'm nervous for winter because we'll be forced to stay inside much more. Yikes. And Prom - that was Gene, right? Adam couldn't remember and he thought it might have been Tyler...I said I thought it was Gene. But I swear I was wearing my blue dress at 5 Alls, and I wore the black one when you went with Gene. So I'm totally blanking. Obviously my brain is struggling lately - but you're right...who cares how old we are anymore? What's the difference now, I figure our kids ages matter more now! Oh, and by the way, I know you would have been moaning and groaning with me if you were there! I miss our massages! But anyway, thanks for the birthday message too - I totally forgot to respond to your text, it was a crazy night! Thanks Cam!

Shareen said...

I am tired just reading your post. I felt like I had to read it in warp speed. haha. You are so your mothers daughter!!!!!

Shellie Crowther said...

Cam, this is Dad. Uhmm? I thought when I nicknamed Mom onespeed noone else would be needing the same title. Sounds like I was wrong. How does onespeed2 sound. Anyway thanks for updating (wait a minute, that's what James did). Here's some words from another country song just for you;
"you're gonna miss this,
you're gonna want this back,
you're gonna wish these days
hadn't gone by so fast"
I love you. You are doing a great job but slooow dooown.

Shellie Crowther said...

I'm so sorry Cami for the attributes you got from me.
This is one of them and I really understand how you feel about wasting time. It doesn't ever get better, there's just more to do so take time to relax because if you don't learn how now, you never learn. Take it from a pro!
ps I was going through the same thoughts about switching out clothes today but I'm too tired now.
Don't do it or you'll make me feel guilty.

Rich said...

I'm impressed I can not accomplish that much in one day, then again I'm a guy. :) I totally understand how James drives it sounds a lot like the way I drive.

Lindsay said...

So it was Gene, and it was my black dress...good to know, thanks Cam! That's totally how I felt about getting my camera, I just wanted a good investment for my own kids' pictures. And we actually got ours for half price on ksl.com - totally the way to go. They sell the one I have at Costco for $900, and the one I got was $450 used. It was my birthday and Christmas present last year. It's a Canon EOS Digital SLR Rebel XTi. And Kim has the Nikon that is very comparable to my Canon. Really for me, it was so worth it to have a camera with a super-fast shutter speed so you can catch wiggly kids at the exact moment that you want to! That's the biggest difference for me, plus the overall quality of the pictures too obviously. But yeah, hope that helps a little! Thanks Cam!

Karl said...

Is all of that one really one paragraph