Sunday, October 11, 2009

A "Dino-rific" birthday

So my little boy turned 4. How did this happen? He had asked that maybe we could surprise him with some balloons and maybe a sign for his birthday, so I decided to throw him a "surprise" party with his friends. We had a dinosaur theme and it was a lot of fun. Of course, things never always go the way you plan, and I learned many things I should have done differently, but overall Carson had fun and that's all that really matters.

This is his Stegasauras cake.
Carson opening a few presents in the morning...

Carson hugging Kenzie after she gave him some little animals and a gumball machine...

Carson coming home from the Arcade with Dad and Kenzie, to find all his friends, Grandma Crowther, and Uncle Kyle at his house. This was the best picture I got of him walking into the house. (He had orange fake teeth in his mouth from the arcades) SURPRISE!!!


He was a little shocked and it took him a few moments to even realize what was going on. He was so happy to see all his little friends there, and even more excited to have Grandma and Uncle Kyle come alll the way for just a little party. Thanks guys!
Grandma holding McKenzie Jo...




We played "Pin the tooth on the dinosaur", Hot and Cold (we hid a little dinosaur and the kids would get "Hot" when they were close, and "Cold" when they got farther away from the hidden dinosaur. Kind of lame, I know, but it's all I could come up with.) The last game was decorating their own Dinosaur eggs (hard-boiled eggs) with stickers and markers. Unfortunately, the eggs were too cold and not many of the stickers really stuck on, but they had fun coloring them with the markers.
Then it was onto presents....





Before bed the night before, James asked Carson (trying to preface him to use his manners at the party)..."What do you do after someone gives you a present? To which Carson replied, "EAT CAKE!!!" He was going for "say thankyou" but whatever.

Finally it was time to eat the cake!





I'll tell ya, it didn't taste as good as it looked. I kind of ran out of frosting so I had to mix a few flavors. I figured it didn't really matter since I was coloring it all green anyway, but it gave it a very interesting flavor. At least the kids didn't mind.




Happy Birthday Carson James! We love you so much! You are growing up too fast, and I would absolutely love to keep you young. You have been a very entertaining "toddler", and can always make me laugh. However, I can't wait to see what clever things you'll come up with as a "kid" too! I'm sure you'll give me many more stories to share. You are so special to all of us. We love you!

7 comments:

Josh and Shalae said...

What a fun day for him! And you did a great job on the cake! Very clever:) I'm glad he got his surprise! Happy B-day little guy!

Shareen said...

I'm so glad the day turned out good. I'm sure he loved every minute of it. Kids don't care about the little things we worry about. Looks like you did a great job!! Happy Birthday Carson :)

Anonymous said...

I get to do this at my house pretty soon for Hailey and Caleb. At least we know that for Hailey's we have to do pumpkins so I know I need to get them. I just can't believe it has been four years. Wow were did all that time go?

Shellie said...

It was a great party and we were so glad to be there.
The cake was darling too.

Jewels said...

You did such a great job on that cake...way cute! They grow up way too fast, so try to hold on to them as long as you can because in a blink of an eye he will be called to serve a mission.

Lindsay said...

Wow! Sweet cake! Go Cam! And Happy Birthday Carson! 4 years old? What the heck? He's such a little cutie. I'm glad he had a great "surprise" birthday!

Johnson's said...

The cake was adorable! The party was fun and entertaining. The frosting was a little weird!