This video has nothing to do with this post, but I thought my family might like to see it, so I stuck it on here anyway. Hmmmm... I guess it takes patience and endurance for Maddie to get the ball, right? I guess it fits. Anyway...
I've been thinking a lot about patience lately. I feel on edge with my kids all day. I felt like I did so much better with just the two of them, but once little Madison came along, I feel like my patience is shot! Can I ever get it back? Not only have I been thinking about being more patient with my kids, but with life in general. It's been so frustrating to me not to know where we're going, or where we'll live after James graduates. I'm a natural worrier, and I like to plan things ahead of time, so I don't stress....as much. So, when I came across a few quotes from the "Preach my Gospel" book, I thought I'd share it with all of you. It is in the section that talks about developing Christlike attributes, patience being one of them.
"Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious. It is the ability to do God's will and accept HIS timing. When you are patient, you hold up under pressure and are able to face adversity calmly and hopefully. Patience is related to hope and faith- you must wait for the Lord's promised blessings to be fulfilled. You need patience in your everyday experiences and relationships, especially with your companion. (I think they meant kids.) You must be patient with all people, YOURSELF INCLUDED, as you work to overcome faults and weaknesses."
I coul probably give a 45 minute talk on that paragraph alone...but I won't. There is just SO many good things in those few short sentances! Really...read it again. This time apply it to YOUR own life and situation, and see where you stand. I can already tell I have a lot to work on, but what a great reminder.
PS...I have been looking at all your blogs recently, but it hasn't been letting me comment on most of them for over a week now. So sorry. Is anyone else having this problem? (I guess that's a dumb question, because if you ARE having that problem, you probably can't comment and tell me!) I just don't want you to think I stopped checking them. I LOVE keeping in touch with all of you, and keeping up on your families this way! Thanks again for reading mine. It's so much more fun to blog when other people read and leave comments. It really makes my day!
14 comments:
You're not alone, I need to work on this too. That's a great quote, I hadn't heard it before. Everything goes back to the Savior, relying on Him and trusting Him. :)
Once I couldn't respond to blogs but I can't remember what I did to fix the problem. Maybe delete your cookies and cache?
Oh man, thanks! I've been thinking that I need to work on my patience too. It would be stressful not knowing where you are going, but hopefully you guys can find out soon!
That third child is a killer, although I don't know if I was all that patient before! I loved the quote!
Thanks for the thought on patience. I really needed to read that. You're such a great friend! Thanks for having patience with me these last several years!
We seem to tell our kids every day "Patience is a virtue" Some days they get it and other days they don't really care.
I feel the same as you do sometimes. I have four to worry about and it is a never ending battle. It is nice at night when I finally get them all in bed and I have a few minutes just to myself to reflect on the day and how I handled it.
Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the blog comments. I really love to read mine too. It is nice to know that people are looking and reading and what their thoughts are about something. I hope you can get it figured out soon.
Love ya!
Patience is a very hard virtue to master. I have a very hard time with that one too. I am a planner, and need everything set in stone. Chuck is always so good and says it will all work out and whatever happens will be for the best. I think that is one reason it is good that there are two of you so you can help support each other and create a balance between the two of you. Also I have always heard that the third child is the one that breaks you, but once you've mastered three you can handle as many kids as you want.
That video of Maddie is so dang cute! She is just absolutely adorable! And you're right, patience is a tricky one! Thanks for the reminder!
I loved the video.I can't believe she's almost crawling.
The patience statement is exactly what I need. I expect so much and always on my time frame. I need to "chill" and not get so frustrated or worried when things don't always happen the way I want. Sometimes I think things aren't going the right way just so Heavenly Father can teach me how to be patient. Maybe someday I'll learn. Thanks for the reminder.
How is it, sometimes, that a person can post EXACTLY what you needed to hear??? I totally needed that today! I have felt so frustrated and impatient with our situation with Ben living with us now! But now, I think I can get back into the right perspective because of your quote! Thank you so much for sharing! I need to tack that one up on my wall!
And Cami....you are a wonderful, WONDERFUL mom and friend...no matter how impatient you might get!
Looks like Maddie is doing awesome! Thanks for that quote cause I was just talking to Anton last night about my lack of patience lately. I usually don't let certain things bother me, but I have lately and it was almost like you were an answer to my prayers, so thanks.
We'd really like to have you guys over before you leave. I'm sure your schedule's getting pretty full so maybe just some dessert. How about next Sunday the 8th? Let us know!
What a great post! I really struggle with patience. It has ALWAYS been a weakness of mine and especially now that I have kids...and 5 kids at that! Thanks for posting that quote....it was very needed on my end!
Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how fast Maddie is doing things!!! She'll be walking by the time she is 7 months old!!
I'm taking a parenting class (on Tuesdays for 10 weeks) and have absolutley loved the experience. It is given through BYU-I by a wonderful teacher who has given me so many insights in to topics just like "patience". I lose my patience because I feel my kids don't ever get along. Seperate, they are great kids, but together, Cash is constantly pestering Vanna and I feel like there's too much contencion in the home. I have really had to work on my patience (and consistency with him). The class has been helpful but I'm always up for more suggestions (once you comments start working - no I'm not having trouble with that - knock on wood)!
I'm like you - I like to plan and worry less - I hope everything pans out the way you hope for. I'm sure you'll be blessed to capacity when you guys finish school. I know you'll be blessed because this post is evidence to me that you are doing the right things in life (reading through the Preach My Gospel for example)! Good luck!
Thank you so much for that post! I really needed that, more than you will ever know. Madison is growing up so fast. Can't wait till you're here with us!
so cami- we were thinking 6 on sunday and we will provide the dessert, thanks though. let me know.
Post a Comment