Monday, March 1, 2010

Nothing short of a miracle

A long time ago, James and I took a trip up to Wasatch County, Utah and fell in LOVE with it! One town in particular really stood out to us. Gorgeous mountains, cute little small town feel, and many of the stores were even closed on Sundays. How would it be to live here, we thought! Then, we checked house prices, and felt pretty discouraged! James and I, periodically, checked the housing market in this town for a few years, still wanting to move there eventually. Sometime, along the way, we realized it was more than just "wanting" to live here. We both really "felt" like this is WHERE we were really suppose to be.

Soon enough, house prices fell and it seemed like things were working out for our benefit. We might actually be able to AFFORD to live here, now! If only we could find a job.....
Well, a litte discouraged, we found out that the pharmacy market was pretty saturated in Utah and Idaho, and their was little hope of finding a job there AT ALL. ANYWHERE. I thought to myself, maybe we ARE suppose to end up in that city, but maybe it's a few years down the road. We applied to over 40 jobs online, and nothing was working out. We called every Pharmacy around and nobody was hiring. We finally started to apply for jobs in Oregon and California, where there was a high demand for Pharmacists. Target, in Northern California, was very interested in James, and started doing some "over the phone" interviews with him. About this time, I called a random store in Wasatch County to see if they were hiring. They weren't. BUT.....they told me of another store that actually MIGHT be hiring. We called, and over the next few weeks, James and I played a lot of waiting games. Both from Target, and this other store that was hiring. We weren't super confident that James would get this Wasatch County job because it was for a Manager's position. James was just graduating and had never really worked retail before, but ..... after a second interview.....they OFFERED HIM THE JOB!!!!! (on the same day Target called to offer him the job in California!) We couldn't believe it. I started bawling immediately when I realized this would mean that we could move to the city we WANTED and he would have an awesome job, less than 20 minutes away!

James told me during the time that we were applying for jobs that "if we somehow get a job where we can live in that city, then it would be nothing short of a miracle." I believe in miracles. I believe that God has a plan for all of us, and always knows what's best. I know that we need to put our faith in him, and trust in him, instead of "leaning on our own understanding". I believe that he gave us the gift of the Holy Ghost to direct our paths, and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful for that. I know that we were guided through personal revelation, and I know that this is the job that is best for us and this is where we are suppose to be. I know that I belong to the true church, and I am so grateful that I've had this experience to strengthen my testimony on following the Spirit. I'm so excited to live in this city, and I'm glad i never gave up on the idea! It's a little hard, because it's about an hour from my family. But hey-----it's MUCH closer than the 13 hour drive to California, and I know without a doubt that this is where my family is suppose to be.

15 comments:

Jeff said...

I go to Wasatch county like every week to fish. Great fishing up there. Congrats on the job!

ToddandCamille said...

That's awesome! I remember at our high school reunion saying you wanted to go there, I'm so happy for you guys it's a beautiful area. When do you move?

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Oh Cami! That is so great! I am so happy for you and your family! Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is amazing! I'm so excited for you guys!!! That sounds perfect! Congrats!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! It looks so pretty there!

The Nelsons said...

Cami! Congratulations! That's so wonderful. I'm way excited for you guys. Tell James Good Luck and Congratulations. Have you found a house

Kim and Chet said...

I am SO very happy for you! Heavenly Father does have a plan for us and he knows our desires. Faith is everything and when we live righteously and put our lives in His hands we will be blessed!

We love Heber...having you up there will give us a better excuse to make it out there more often! :)

Lindsay said...

Congratulations Cam! I heard the great news! Adam and I were just in Heber this weekend and I thought about you guys! It's such a beautiful place, that Wasatch county! We will definitely be coming to visit you guys A LOT. I'm so happy everything worked out so great for your cute little family! Congrats!

Dad said...

That is such a great story that I think you should name your next son Heber.....Crowther Jepson. But you could just call him Heber C. No one is happier than me that you are staying close. I love You and your example in all things.

mom said...

I am more excited than you are that you are going to be within visiting distance.
I knew I missed the grandkids when you were gone, but didn't realize how much I've missed YOU until you came back.
You are such a great example to all of us.
Love you!

Erica Bazil said...

I've been wondering how things were going for you guys and I am SO happy for you Cami - and your sweet family. Truly a great story and example of patience and faith and.... What a blessing to be close to family and be where you want/feel you need to be. Congratulations! So when does James start? When do you move? You're right about the housing market - perfect for you guys right now!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that the two of you line in such a way that you are worthy of receiving such "miracles!" Let me know when you buy the house on the river so I can pack my fishing gear. I might as well just leave it all at your place.

clintandmegtucker said...

Cam, I am so happy for you! I would love to see everybody. But being the paranoid parent that I am, I don't dare take out the new baby quite yet. So please tell everyone "hi" for me and I will definitely call you soon. I am so happy I have your number now. How much longer will you be in Draper? I would love to get together sometime before you move. Let me know!

Johnson's said...

You know we're rooting for you. You two are such a good example to us. I often talk about how great of couple and family you are. I REALLY miss you Cam! I am glad you will still be close enough to drive to. I am trying to get the courage to come by myself. Once again congrats!

Brooks said...

Hey, Congratulations! It really is a beautiful place. Josh has a brother and sister-in-law in Heber. I went to High School in Vernal, just two hours from Heber. Not sure what part you're in, but I'm sure it's just as beautiful!

Hey, random question: Do you have any contact info for Lana Gibson?? I have a special question for her...