Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Anniversary trip

This past week James and I got away, just the two of us, for our Anniversary. We had an awsome time! We dropped the kids off at our parents and headed off to Moab.... (I think this picture is funny since you can see James driving in the reflection), So many cool things to see..

We hiked to Delicate Arch in the middle of the day....100 degree weather....yeah, it was hot. We each took a couple of water bottles. One to dump on us, and one to drink. It was still fun. There goes James...
Somehow, we managed to get lost. Well, not totally lost. We saw the Arch from a distance and decided just to keep walking towards it, thinking we knew how to get up to it. We realized once we got to it that we were suppose to be on the other side. We tried to climb around it, but it was too steep, and since I'm not one for heights, we decided to backtrack and go back the way we were SUPPOSE to go. Not quite fun in the heat, but worth it.
This is a picture from the "wrong" side of the Arch. Hence the reason you can't really see the front of the Arch.



Ahh...we made it around.




Us touching the arch.



The hot, sweaty, red-faced happy couple.



After Arches, we cleaned up and headed out to dinner. We went to a really fun restaraunt on the cliff.




I had the best steak I think I've ever tasted in my life. It was amazing.
This was the view from where we ate... (a little before the sunset)




Looking the other direction...




Watching the sunset....how romantic.










James took me to a little Bed and Breakfast in Moab. It was really nice.





It had a goreous pool and private little hot-tub that we definately took advantage of.



This is what I found when we got to our room. Beautiful!



Breakfast was awsome too!




Nothing says I love you like your man holding...um...wearing your purse. I thought it was funny.




As for the rest of our little trip, I think I'll post about that later. All in all we had a blast. Thanks again Mom, Dad, Ann and Tony for watching the kids!


7 comments:

Lindsay said...

SOOO fun! Looks like you guys had a blast! What a great little get-away! Everything looked so beautiful!

Englebright said...

Holy cow! You hiked that thing in the middle of the day? I think I would have punched someone. (I am an angry hot person.) Way to go.

Sunset Grill is such a cute little restaurant and Moab has so much charm. I'm so glad you guys had such a good time!

Erica Bazil said...

What a perfect get away! I've been to Moab and touched the Arch too. But I didn't hike in 100 degree weather - kuddos to you guys! So glad you had such a fun and romantic anniversary!

Dustin and Janeth said...

I'm so happy for you guys and at the same time jealous. I always wanted to go to the arches.
And you look absolutely beautiful in that red dress.
You guys are awesome and a wonderful couple. So happy you guys are together!

Lindsay said...

Wow - those birth story pictures were beautiful!!! I would LOVE to do something like that! WHY - ARE YOU PREGNANT???? Well, thanks for sharing, those were truly incredible. She is an amazing photographer! Wow!

Johnson's said...

I am so glad you and James got to go and have time alone together. Time to rekindle your love. Looks like you made the best of your days!

Michelle said...

What an awesome way to spend your anniversary! I'm glad you two could take the time and do something fun together. :)