I spent the last few days cutting 12x12 squares and finally started sewing them together today. this is what I've got so far....
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
My latest project
What have I gotten myself into??? Well...it all started when I found a fabulous deal on fabric.com. I don't really sew.....but I couldn't pass this up!!! I got 22 yards of designer fabric, plus shipping and handling for UNDER $40!!!! I had been wanting to make myself a quilt for my bed for awhile now, so I took advantage of the deal, and got to work figuring out what kind of quilt I wanted to make. (Why is it, when you buy a king-size quilt, it doesn't even hang over the sides enough to cover the mattress???) Anyway, I'm tired of pushing my bed against a wall just so my bedspread can hang over on at least one side, so I'm making myself a VERY LARGE King-sized quilt for my bed, and hopefully it will be big enough!
I spent the last few days cutting 12x12 squares and finally started sewing them together today. this is what I've got so far....
It doesn't look like much, but like I said, I'm no seamstress so it took me a while. The thing I love about this pattern is that it looks much more difficult than it really is. All I did was cut 12x12 squares, sew them in a nine patch, and cut it in half horizontally, and then vertically. AFter they were cut, I turned the squares (4 big squares now) and sewed them however I wanted. It looks like I pieced it all together, but I didn't. Great huh? Anyway, this is only 1/9 of the top. I have to do 8 more of these sections and sew them all together still. However, it is fun to get an idea of what it will look like when it's done. AND... FYI.... it does look much better in person.
I spent the last few days cutting 12x12 squares and finally started sewing them together today. this is what I've got so far....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Look at you go girl! Amazing! Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Nice job!! I love it.
I'm so proud of you! There is no way I could do something like that. I can't wait to see the finish product! So far it looks amazing!!! Way to go.
Awesome Cami! I took on a small quilting project last summer (with tons of help from a friend though) and I felt such a sense of accomplishment. However, I'm scared to death to actually take on a project by myself. And I don't have a sewing machine. It's one of those somedays...someday I'll get a machine...someday I'll sew a quilt all by myself. I'm so proud of you!
I am starting a similar project with the fabric I bought with that deal! Thanks for sending me the info btw, it was awesome! Good luck! I might have to borrow your pattern idea for the quilt - love it!
I think it looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product! Good for you for being patient enough to do it--I lack that quality!
Go you! When do you find the time? I can hardly find time to update my blog....you see I haven't looked at your blog forever. It looks really nice. Can't wait to see the final product.
Wow! I'm totally impressed. :D It's going to look so good when you're all done!
Post a Comment