(In no particular order).... I always seem to panic when.......
1-I'm using the vacuums at the gas station to clean my car! I love and hate those things. The vacuum at home NEVER gets the car as clean as the gas station vacuums, but I nearly have a panic attack when I'm out of quarters, and I think I'm never going to get all the crumbs sucked up before my time runs out. Really, if you were anywhere near me when I do this, I'm sure it's hysterical. I'm flipping in and out of doors and crawling over seats as fast as I can manage before the dreaded timer goes off, and the vacuum stops. I guess I should just take some extra quarters next time, huh?
2-I am with my kids at a swimming pool. You would think I would have had some horror story of almost drowning when I was a kid or something, but no. I'm just paranoid. I count my kids' heads more than 10 times a minute, making sure they are above water and breathing. Taking the kids swimming is in NO way a relaxation for me! Even when I have family around swimming with us, I'm constantly a nervous wreck. Maybe this will all subside once my kids learn to swim??? Let's hope so.
3- I run into the bathroom, full-force, and just as I'm about to sit down, I have a horrible feeling that the toilet lid is shut, and I just didn't notice. Does this happen to anybody else ever??? The funny thing is, the toilet lid is never actually shut, but I constantly panic at the last second that it is.
4- Carson goes somewhere that I'm not. (primary, a friend's house, etc.) I know that he is pretty well-behaved at other people's house, but the thing that has me panicking is that I never know WHAT he's going to tell them!
5-Jack Bauer gets taken as a hostage and there seems to be no way out. Don't worry Jack-y, I'm right there, sweating it out for you. Good thing he's always managed to find a way out so far. (Season 5 is the farthest I've seen.....don't spoil anything...got it?) I like to believe he will always find a way out.
6-The toilet paper is gone, and there is nobody in the next stall that can "spare a square". And THAT is down right miserable.
So.....now I want to hear what makes YOU panic???
8 comments:
I absolutely hate opening metal cans. When I was younger, I was throwing away some trash that wouldn't fit in the already full garbage can, so I shoved it down. At the same time (about to get gross!) my finger went into a can of corn that had the lid still on, hanging by a small amount of metal. It hurt so bad and I even have a scar today. Every time I open something, I have to make sure that the lid comes off all the way! It makes me cringe to even thing about it! I definitely panic when I open anything that is canned! I love yours! I think I freak out when vacuuming my car too!
Haha!!! I can totally picture you panicking. No worries Cam - anxiety happens to the best of us! I panic when Weston won't fall asleep, or when Sunday rolls around and I know I have to teach Sharing time and get Weston to nursery all alone, and when I am alone in a dark house, or when I have to sleep alone, or when I have to confront somebody, or when I have low blood sugar in a public setting with no sugar close by, or when I even think about certain things - wow...the list could go on and on!
hahaha, this is funny!
clogged toilets make me completely panic. Watching the water rise to the lid sends me into a screaming frenzy.
All of the above.
I freak out at all of these things, too! The vacuum one had me laughing. I thought that I was the only one!!
You should try putting your kids in life vests (the stretchy ones from Costco) to go swimming. Living in Vegas, I knew that we couldn't survive summers without swimming and it made me nervous, too. So, I got them life jackets and made them swim in them. It gave me piece of mind and it actually gave Ethan the confidence to teach himself how to swim...
Only one more to add to your list: Strategy Games make me anxious. True story. If you've ever played Risk, Ticket to Ride, or Acquire with me, you'd know. I always worry that someone is about to take my next move before me. And so, I've sworn them off. I think that I was getting an ulcer.
That was a great post!! I like ones that make me giggle.
Ha,ha,ha! I can just see you vacuuming your car. You're too funny!
I have too many to make a list.
This is dad and I just found out that I Panic!!! Ater not sleeping for six days, then sleep one night only to meet That EVIL VILLIAN INSOMNIA again on the eighth night. Ask your mother to fill you in on the details about the infamous toilet seat fight that I had on that eighth night. How I sparred with it in the early morning hours because it would not STAY!! UP! The harder I punched it the faster it fell right back down. It woke up the whole house. But I was scared to death (to say the Least) that another sleepless marathon was just beginning so I was taking out my frustrations on an innocent, round, even padded toilet seat that had served me faithfully and comfortably over thirty years. Poor seat never saw it coming and was defenseless against my insomniac panic driven fists determined to make that seat stay up at all costs(almost my sanity....guess that is still debatable)Finally with the help of the towel rack from behind me I managed to prop the toilet seat in the upright position and get my job done in there. Thank goodness it was in time. So you might say I panicked. But out of stressful times creavity is born. Hears to sleeping good the rest of this night... it is now 0330 in the morning and sleep hasn't come yet. I won't hit the panic button til 0630 and if sleep doesn't come I think the toilet seat is on to me already. Loved your post you always make me laugh and everyone needs alot more of that. Thanks.
Very Funny! I hear ya about the toilet seat lid, but more's the panic, in the car as I'm driving into the garage not sure I can make it in the house to the bathroom at all. Yes, I'm a potty procrastinator.
I also panic when the toilet starts to overflow. I have since learned how to turn off the water and avoid the flood!
Post a Comment